Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
I do think the Brutale (oro with red trellis) is the best looking bike of the genre (still like the last gen SF more, but that's pretty much just preference)... and it's a beast, but the price is pretty brutale too. My biggest problem with the MV is the inline 4... not for me.

On the MV website they indicate the oro starts at 42K euros but it does have 4 more horsepowers and lots of CV farkles.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Even for the run of the mill 1000rr $32k is absurd, i can see mid 20's to compete with the sf but over 10k more and still, sounds like a jap bike

·
Bon Vivant
10,480 Posts
I like the bike and I do think MV's are worth a little more dosh. I grew up riding I4 bikes so I like them as well or perhaps even a little better than twins, and the MV actually has a subtly unique sound that I find intoxicating. My objection to MV's has always been the fact that design takes president over function and I find the bikes to be horribly uncomfortable. This is an all new design so I'd like to sit on it/ ride it and see if I can cope with the seat/seating position. Not sure I'd drop 30 or 40 grand on one but I'd love to check it out.

Without a doubt though my favorite engine configuration is a screamer V4 like the Tuono or the Desmosedici (and unlike the paired arrangement of the Pani and new SF)

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I had a 750 brutale years ago loaded with moto corse bling among a full titanium exhaust from M.C., now that was a screamer after i shortened the exhaust but uncomfoetable as all hell. I'm looking at a bimota db6r and if it wasn't as uncomfortable as the mv i sure wouldn't mind owning it, just bc the details are far from the ones on other bikes and it's one of 6 in the country.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I like everything about the MV's except the headlight. It's size looks dated compared to the very minimal lights such as on the Diavel and Superduke
I don't mind the headlight. The biggest disappointment of the streetfigher is how they just slapped the dash on top with no real thought like the superduke. The original streetfighter and all MV's do it in a much nicer way.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Can't stand those winglets but i guess you'll really need them

·
Registered
17 Posts
Do you tho? How many of us "need" downforce, most of us just take it to over 250kph a few times each season to scare the shit out of ourselves anyway. Why not make it an option for those who actually need it for track use or "need" it for creds at the local hangout, and leave the rest without it?

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I was being sarcastic on that one! 😆

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
I imagine on the SFv4 they're bolt on so blanking plates will be the first mod for many. I noted that the side views where you can't see them sticking out looks better than the angle shots where they're hanging out. On the MV however those ugly triangle things don't look as easy to get rid of.

·
Bon Vivant
10,480 Posts
Nobody needs a 4 foot wing on their Civic either but they are sold by the Chinese container full. People don't blink an eye at that. All the GP bikes are using them these days and I see it trickling down to superbike as well when they start to become standard on our streetbikes. Hell, factory superbikes are completely stupid to ride on public roads these days (for many reasons) and mfg's continue to make them more race focused. I think the wings fit the times and I don't think they have any negative effect unlike a whole bunch of other crap people do to their bikes. I can take them or leave them but they certainly don't bother me and I wouldn't rush to remove them from a bike I bought with them. They wouldn't embarrass me, do they embarrass you?

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Mike, even the 3' license plate holder that comes with a $25k bike are there for a reason yet again tail tidy fly off the shelves, those winglets are there for a reason bu
t if you're not tracking the bike, out on the street serve the same purpouse as ornaments on a christmas tree, i wouldn't be embarrassed to have them on but much happier not to have them since my tires show chicken strips and my lap times are taken with a calendar!
aaaaand i'm sure they'll come out with a carbon fiber version for $500 and titanium bolts to go with it!
Cheers!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Funny at first I thought the v4sf was cluttered. Now after looking at the new MV busy design, the new SF look simpler and better to my eyes. Still don't want one though.

Now that hypothetical v2 SF could spark my interest if done right.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I rode a 2014 Brutale a couple months ago. I didn’t like how the seat was tilted downward, forcing you into the tank. And it put lots of weight on your wrists. You couldn’t just “sit” on it. I don’t like the headlight either. I wish it sounded more like the early F4 than a modern HONDA. I was more comfy on the Ducati 1098.....LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 89 Posts