Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
This is a very rational and logical response to the new streetfigher. In saying that, I still really want one but will probably wait till they are more affordable second hand.

I rode my Streetfighter 1098s at the track for the first time last weekend, and though I was slower than my MV Agusta F3 675, I had a ton of fun even though the long straights were hard. I think the its main selling pint is how ludicrous it is and looks like an absolute weapon. Does it make sense.....probably not, but from all accounts most dealers have sold out of their initial allotments of them next year and there are waiting lists now.
I always thought the horsepower argument didn't make a lot of sense for the last couple generations of bikes (Once the nanny-aids got to the point that they can tame the power of pretty much any bike). If the high hp mode is scary or exhausting then dial the power back.

Many riders never use the full power of these bikes on the street, and even more riders really only use it occasionally (for a second or two in a straight line as they hooligan up an onramp or something like that). Does that mean they should have bought a lower hp bike?... maybe... maybe not. There are a LOT of reasons people buy bikes, and performance is only occasionally the top factor. If you buy the bike strictly for performance but don't ever use it then you probably would be happier with a bike better suited to your actual needs... but how often does that happen (probably not very)?

The V4SF is (IMO) not as pretty as the older streetfighters... but it IS pretty. While I've not seen the breakdown of components yet it REALLY looks like it's almost entirely a Pani in a skimpy outfit. So... a more street friendly superbike... that will appeal to many riders.

Ride what you like and don't worry about the commentary... just ride.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm out of buying v4sfs as its overpriced.
Ok, price of the bike i can swallow, but any add ons? 5000€ akrapovic, 3300€ dry clutch, 1200€ rear sets, just insane..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Bon Vivant
10,480 Posts
Ignorance is bliss, will probably be happy living with it and my streetfigther. Wasn't a huge fan of the S1000r when i rode one. Tuono would be interesting to ride but its just too ugly for me.
I bought my S1000R because the Tuono V41000 I was looking at at the time was too ugly ( imagine that!) But when the V41100 Factory came out I fell in love with it and I think its quite beautiful. But I like flashy shiny things.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I still think the pierobon version of the streetfighter/panigale is the best version to this day imho, if it went into production i would have bought one in a heartbeat!
$.02!
Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I still think the pierobon version of the streetfighter/panigale is the best version to this day imho, if it went into production i would have bought one in a heartbeat!
$.02!
I really really like that as well. I've had that bike on my want list since the pictures came out. It makes me want to buy a wrecked Panigale and the Pierobon frame and build it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
l'm going to email Massimo at pierobon and get some infos this weekend, won't hurt to know about it, the more i look at the new sf the more i like the pani built one.
Cheers!

·
Bon Vivant
10,480 Posts
l'm going to email Massimo at pierobon and get some infos this weekend, won't hurt to know about it, the more i look at the new sf the more i like the pani built one.
Cheers!
Let us all know what you find out. Pierbon bikes are generally designed as track bikes and do not have provisions for the things we need to get a bike licensed, but if you can title it as a panigale that might work. That bike looks fantastic to me. But I'd still guess that one built from the factory would be designed differently to work with that geometry and ideal use conscript. Of course Ducati's 208 HP version of the new SF isnt exactly holding back the ponies for the naked bike...

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I just e-mailed Massimo, i met him years ago and he personally delivered a set of rearsets for my 07 s4rs to me back in Italy( he just happened to be in the area that week) this is just to point out the kind of guy he is.
I also asked about the vin transfer and all, if there's a way i'm sure he'll be happy to see that happen.
Cheers!

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Well so much for that, he answered already specifying that that was only a rendering done by someone (I guess kraxx) using his parts and posted on the net.
As far as the parts are all available but made for racing so the vin transfer wouldn't be available, at least through them, he also included a list of the kit parts along with prices. Any questions he will be there to answer as he put it.

Attachments

·
Bon Vivant
10,480 Posts
Well so much for that, he answered already specifying that that was only a rendering done by someone (I guess kraxx) using his parts and posted on the net.
As far as the parts are all available but made for racing so the vin transfer wouldn't be available, at least through them, he also included a list of the kit parts along with prices. Any questions he will be there to answer as he put it.
Well, yeah but that bike is clearly designed for SBK bodywork and is not a streetfighter.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Yes, looking at the parts list pictures from Pierobon for sure but looking at the kraxx rendering is a whole different story.
Either way I couldn't swing that kind of cash for just a frame even if it had numbers to go with it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
So... I zoomed in on that and read it... Ducati is working on a V4 Multistrada with a radar system.

I'm speechless. The bike that needs the V4 the absolute least, is getting it, along with some useless tech. Radar... On a motorcycle. I'm kind of disgusted. C'mon Ducati, get it together.

·
Registered
469 Posts
The tech is far from useless. It’s a sophisticated system that will keep many riders safer on the street.

Just a few highlights from what I have read -

Front/Rear Sensors that provide warning alerts for:

• Vehicles approaching at a high speed from the rear
• Vehicles that may be stopped or approaching at high speed around a blind corner
• Blind spot monitoring
• Adaptive cruise control

The system will communicate via Bluetooth alerts and a 3D Map.

It’s not clear which features will initially be introduced as part of the Ducati ARAS (Advanced Rider Assistance Systems), however ARAS will premier on the Multi, then subsequently be introduced on other bikes in the portfolio.

Many riders will appreciate the added awareness the system provides, especially given the shockingly high number of automobile drivers that focus on anything other than the road in front or behind them.

While I do not commute on my bikes, I unfortunately do have to deal with mindless drivers in urban traffic on my way to the canyons each weekend. I may not use all of these features, but I am certain I will appreciate at least a few them when the system eventually makes its way down to the SBK and naked bike lineups.

So... I zoomed in on that and read it... Ducati is working on a V4 Multistrada with a radar system.

I'm speechless. The bike that needs the V4 the absolute least, is getting it, along with some useless tech. Radar... On a motorcycle. I'm kind of disgusted. C'mon Ducati, get it together.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
All i know is that the more crap they come out with the less i like the brand, going to this rate 10 yrs from now all you'll have to do is sit and input what you like the bike to do and just hang on yet again still can't win a gp championship

·
Registered
62 Posts
$.02!

Screenshot_2019-11-28-07-32-26_2.png
So basically you're saying that you are craving for a bike that looks like the new Brutale 1000 RR

1572880416050.png

·
Registered
3,755 Posts

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Holy crap?
$32k? Maybe not

41 - 60 of 89 Posts