Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't crossed that line yet.

I really am considering it, but I'm not fully committed.

Has anyone placed a deposit for it? Can you persuade me to do so? :p

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
I did. Check with your dealer on how many of each color they are bringing in and S vs not. Then make your decision. My dealer is only getting in two Black S, so I plopped a few bucks down.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
ME :) Black S

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Shift tech....... let me know as soon as you have some goodies for the SF.... will be one of your first customers....thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
There is so much plastic on it, I just love it:). We will for sure be offering lot's of carbon for this bike and this model will get my full attention in this matter.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I decided to take a dangerous "overseas" job...so I can add a Streetfighter to my garage :)

·
Premium Member
2012 Matte Black SFS
384 Posts
So I finally did it! Just placed a deposit for a red 'S' model from Ducati Austin. My experience with them has been top notch so far! Thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a deposit on a black S model. This will be my first Ducati (currently riding a Kawi Z1000) and this is my first post here, as well.

·
Premium Member
2012 Matte Black SFS
384 Posts
I have a deposit on a black S model. This will be my first Ducati (currently riding a Kawi Z1000) and this is my first post here, as well.
You and me both...this will be my first Ducati too!

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have a deposit on a Blk S with the NY shop. I talked to the guys in the bowels of the repair dept a couple weeks ago and put the mod list for mine when it comes it. I'm basically going to trash it (sort of). Replacing the whole headlight unit with just two bulbs, hiding all the reservoirs, wrapping pipes (if I don't go GP style), blacking everything out, new mirrors, blinkers, etc.....then taking steel wool to the body. Yes, I said that. It's too slick right now for a naked street.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Let me ask you guys a question: do you agree on the price of the bike before you put down your deposit?
One of the dealerships I talked to said they were getting only 3 Streetfighters instead of 5 originally planned as they did not anticipate a brisk sale of the bike, and did not have deposits on them.
I put down a deposit on an S model whatever color they get (I can’t decide) as long as I get it at my price, otherwise they said I’d get my money back.

·
Bon Vivant
10,786 Posts
Yes I would get the whole deal in writing before leaving a deposit.
The deal is also contingent on the test ride with a full refund of the deposit if the bike is not what I want after the test ride.

Mnotae, Dude! Why don't save yourself some cash and buy a wrecked 1098. Then you can hop on down to the Wallmart (you know the one, next to the trailer park) and pick yourself up a hammer, some duc (sic) tape, and a case o flat black spray bombs. After that stop by the pep boys and get yo-self a custom exhaust! SWEET!

Seriuosly, you know that your bike will have NO resale value after you do that stuff, right?

·
Registered
262 Posts
save yourself some cash and buy a wrecked 1098. Then you can hop on down to the Wallmart (you know the one, next to the trailer park)
Seriuosly, you know that your bike will have NO resale value after you do that stuff, right?
Ha, Nicely done. Not a lot of trailer parks in Manhattan. I'm still looking for one though. Still looking for a Wal-Mart actually. I'm certainly aware that this bike isn't going to have a large re-sale market, but I really don't care. It will actually look like an actual roughed up naked and it will fly. I love my Thrux, but the thing is just too damn slow. This will be a great combo of my 1098 and my Thrux. BTW, if anyone is interested in an 08 1098s blk with 3000 miles on it, let me know. Stay tuned for pics of the SF after mod-palooza. I think the guys are the dealership are more excited than me.

Re deposits, I suspect the Duc dealers aren't going to have a difficult time selling these. I would be shocked if anyone get's one of these below sticker this year, but who knows with what's going on with the economy. Maybe Duc buyers will be granted TARP funds, ya never know. My deposit for an S is just holding my place in line with the understanding that sticker is the price (plus shipping, handling, prep, you are a sucker fee, keychain charge, environmental tax for having a printed owners manual, rental of the pen for signing the contract and the sales slip...and anything else they can think of).

1 - 20 of 95 Posts