Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled my clutch basket this morning as it was shot and needed to be replaced. When I pulled the pushrod for inspection I found what is pictured below. Do I need to pull the crankcase and get at what's in there? I'm guessing the answer is yes, but just thought I would double check first.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
the bearing is in the input shaft, i'm guessing the outer sleeve is still in there. no need to get inside it i wouldn't think.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So if I pull the clutch slave cylinder from the other side can I get at the outer sleeve in the input shaft?

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
So if I pull the clutch slave cylinder from the other side can I get at the outer sleeve in the input shaft?
As a point of note, you should never pull the rod out from the clutch side as there's a seal on the output shaft that will get damaged by the orings, and may damage the orings too.

You should always remove the rod by taking it out from the slave side. Updated versions of the rod have an anti-spinning pin that require you to remove them this way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts