Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 996 with a Gianelli system on it. I was wondering whats loudest? Mine doesnt seem to be as boomy as some.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one? Really? Okay, let me rephrase. Whats the best?

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,880 Posts
There isn't a real huge difference between brands of slipons, and sound is pretty subjective. If yours is straight through but still seems more quiet that's probably a good thing--you still have packing in yours.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, kinda figured that. Guess I'm used to the Aprilia boom from my Tuono.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Termi's and ducati are like peanut butter and jelly. They have a sexy growl. Beautiful exhaust cans. You can't go wrong with the full system or even slip ons. It's mostly personal preference on what you like. For me, it's the arrow system. They have a beautiful exotic sound and from the comparisons that I have heard, they have a deeper grunt than the termis. There are plenty of sound clips on you tube that you can reference from. most of the systems come with the dedicated race ecu and high flow filter. Be prepared to pay a pretty penny for a full titanium system

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've an Arrow system on the Tuono, thats why I asked. I think Arrow got it right. The 996 had the Gianelli on there from PO. I cant say that I know anybody with them but me. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I can figure out how I will get a clip. Pics are no problem. Let me see what I can do...........

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,880 Posts
Not much point. Video clips never capture the true sound well.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here ya go. Pix only as vid is no good.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
Giannelli are nice I had in on my 996. I'm not too concern about the sound they all sound just about the same. I look for quality you can't beat Akrapovic

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you, I've no idea as the PO had them on the bike when I bought it. I have rubbed them to the shine you see though. It's all stainless and carbon cans. I'll live with it being the "quiet" bike. For now...............................................hehehehe

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,880 Posts
My favorite is FBF forza
That has zero relevance with Forza exhausts and everything to do with that being a full-on racebike.

Displacement and cams affect the sound far more than which brand of slip on is chosen.

·
Registered
194 Posts
That has zero relevance with Forza exhausts and everything to do with that being a full-on racebike.

Displacement and cams affect the sound far more than which brand of slip on is chosen.
Nonsense, forza its also a slip on, Just couldn't find another video.
I agree that highly modified race engine with full system will sound loader.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts