Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... what can be done about that? :confused:

Dealer told me it has a tendency to "fall off", without ill effects... but failed to mention how it "falls off".

A little help? I only have 2k on the bike, and don't want to screw it up already. :D

·
Registered
603 Posts
You can just remove it, run the hose down under the bike, Do not plug any of them, and you will be OK.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
The one tee's and goes to the intakes. You can run a hose from one intake to the other, that's the way I did it. the ones that come from the tank are vents. Like JS said don't plug em.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
You can just remove it, run the hose down under the bike, Do not plug any of them, and you will be OK.
Ahhh....definitely need to plug the one(s) going to the intakes! :) You can either just loop a hose between the intakes, or remove the hoses and put caps on the fittings, or remove the fittings and plug the holes with short M5metric bolts.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
"Canisterectomy"

Instructions with photos here.
http://pakbikes.net/PS1000LE/CANISTERECTOMY.html

From the above link:
LEFT-HAND IMAGE SHOWS BLACK PLASTIC CAP OVER THE HORIZONTAL INTAKE MANIFOLD CONNECTION POINT WHERE HOSE WAS CONNECTED. YELLOW SPOT-TIE MARKS THE SPOT. CENTER IMAGE IS VERTICAL INTAKE MANIFOLD CONNECTION POINT WITH PLASTIC CAP OVER THE NIB. I CUT THE HOSE AT THE "T" CONNECTOR AND FED IT THROUGH THE FRAME SO I COULD GET A GRIP ON IT TO PULL IT OFF. TWISTING HELPS. RIGHT-HAND IMAGE IS WITH THE CANISTER DISCONNECTED. NOW REMOVE THE TWO BOLTS HOLDING THE BRACKET TO THE ENGINE AND YOUR DONE. OH YEAH, PUT THE TWO BOLTS BACK.............
SAVE ALL PARTS FOR THE NEXT PERSON TO PONDER.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Excuse my ignorance why are we considering this? What's the gain?

Regards Nick
Aesthetics... they made no effort to hide it, and it doesn't belong on there.

·
Registered
304 Posts
TPO makes a kit for this. I've purchased it but haven't installed it yet (SS900). It contains a couple of metal plugs that go in the throttle bodies and good instructions. On my 800 I think I filled it with gas and the tank imploded - a fairly common problem. I'm making the 900 a naked and without the bodywork the canister is very ugly.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Aesthetics... they made no effort to hide it, and it doesn't belong on there.
I think it's worse than "they made no effort to hide it." In fact, they made it as inappropriate, in the way, and ugly as possible. The mounting clearly says "we don't want this on the bike and hate that we had to put it on, so we hung it here where everyone will just take it off."

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, everybody that's stared at my bike seems to think it stick out like a sore thumb. The monologue usually goes like this:

"Oh, look at that! Oh, I like that! Oh, and I like how this goes like that! Oh and... wait... WTF is that thing?"

I might try and do it this weekend. I'm doing a 500 mile trip up to the Blue Ridge Parkway on Saturday (weather pending), so my ambition level might not be all that high on Sunday. :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts