Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I had the arvo off today (saturday).
Wasn't able to make the GP at the Island this year. (my 3 year old's birthday this weekend)
So decided to go for a short ride. And what happens... Stop at traffic lights & bang car hits me from behind.

Was able to control the bike. Pull over to the side to inspect the damage.
All looking good until I inspected the exhausts.

At least the guy's car was in worse condition than my bike.
Oh well so much for that...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2004 998S FE, 2000 748B, 1986 750 F1
2,408 Posts
Sorry to hear! But you are okay, that s the main thing! Happy birthday to Mini ddmv. Termis are replaceable, you are not!

·
Life is too short to worry !
2,650 Posts
Good to hear you are OK.
When you get a chance it might be worth dismantling the exhausts because you can obtain the sleeving seperately and you may be able to straighten the internals and then slip on the new sleeves at a fraction of the cost of replacing the whole lot.

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
10,446 Posts
Good to hear you are OK.
When you get a chance it might be worth dismantling the exhausts because you can obtain the sleeving seperately and you may be able to straighten the internals and then slip on the new sleeves at a fraction of the cost of replacing the whole lot.
Why bother? The driver from behind is at fault for not keeping a safe distance and is liable for any and all repairs. Get new ones.

Glad you didn't get hurt. Be sure to check the wheel, swingarm and pivot for any damage too.

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
Why bother? The driver from behind is at fault for not keeping a safe distance and is liable for any and all repairs. Get new ones.

Glad you didn't get hurt. Be sure to check the wheel, swingarm and pivot for any damage too.
Glad your okay!

What Yorik said. And, any little scratch you find from that incident I'd have them replace it. The car driver was at fault so make them fix it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone.
Will take it to the shop next week to check out the full damage.

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Go to a doctor to get checked out. Adrenaline rush following an accident can mask injuries until some time has passed.

·
Life is too short to worry !
2,650 Posts

Fair point if you can obtain a new set but , if not , get the insurance money and repair what you can and use the rest improvements or other things.
Definitely second the suggested trip to the doctors' whatever the case.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone for the replys.
Since i didn't fall of the bike or felt any soreness after 24hrs. Did not go to Doctor.

But will take bike to shop this week for full check-up.
And of course the person has no insurance.

·
Registered
470 Posts
What are they doing on the road then, have they agreed to pay up?
I'd get the police involved, how do you know they wont do a runner or have given you false details who they are.

·
Premium Member
2004 998S FE, 2000 748B, 1986 750 F1
2,408 Posts
What are they doing on the road then, have they agreed to pay up?
I'd get the police involved, how do you know they wont do a runner or have given you false details who they are.
I am sure ddmv has insurance, it doesn't matter if the other party does or doesn't. Here we go through our insurer and they hound the other party for money. Might be a bit of a fight to get the excess back, but on the whole it shouldn't impact on ddmv's claim history.

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
Thanks everyone for the replys.
Since i didn't fall of the bike or felt any soreness after 24hrs. Did not go to Doctor.

I thought 3rd party insurance was compulsory in Aus?

If you want to do the fix your self, and keep costs (and insurance no claims) down, there's a link in this thread/post - http://www.ducati.ms/forums/57-supersport/149798-gia-ca-moto-mufflers.html#post1458361 - to a company in the UK that makes new tubes - may be the way to go?

Measure them up, and order some new ones. Gotta be cheaper than buying new cans.

·
Mr Leakered
8,938 Posts
I think Shift-Tech, a vendor here on duc.ms, used to make tubes also.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Glad to hear your "OK", (or so far, you are).
Any incling on the cause?...driver have a cell phone jammed in their ear? "Hang up and drive" I say.
Hope the at-fault person pays!
They should pay for a Dr. visit, too, just to be safe.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts