Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone knew it was inevitable. I finally had electrical issues this past week while on the Dragon. Those little yellow wires got so hot they burnt and the white connectors melted that come from the RR. Can you get new connectors or is it best to solder all the conections right together? Also the battery exploded a bit. Does anyone know the paint code for the gold frame on a 916?

Thanks for any help...

·
Super Moderator
8,211 Posts
Just solder everything together. I did that on mine and it has been holding strong ever since. Did the same thing on my -97 748 and that is still holding, the new owner tells me.
Check my write-up in the Hall of wisdom: http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=6288

As or the gold on the frame.. Not sure

//amullo

·
Registered
472 Posts
Just solder everything together. I did that on mine and it has been holding strong ever since.
+1

You'll be better off in the long run! Trust me... Make sure you use heat-shrinking tube and tape it well. You'll be good to go.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Does this issue affect only the 916/748 or others as well? I ride an ST2 and while I am aware of the rectifier issues and the alternator nut working lose, I am not familiar with this issue.
Thanks;
Les

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
The problem is the bullet style connectors get loose and get very hot and then melt.soldering them together is simple but then you have to cut the wires if you need to remove the engine.Radio shack and many parts stores sell heavy duty bullet and spade type connectors that can replace the originals.There are also some solderless trailer wiring connectors out there that screw together and are very secure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts