Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did it because it was now almost impossible to put in neutral. The clutch was grabbing as soon as i let go the lever, very close to the bar.

Now it's at the opposite, it start to engage with the lever almost completely released. Neutral is super easy to find now.

But is there a way to adjust it "in the middle" ? I tried to play with the little screw that have 4 quarter turns steps for adjusting the lever but that doesn't change the way clutch engage now.

Noticed also that the little rubber boots that protect the master cylinder piston have a little crack in it. Can it be replaced ?

thanks

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
The only adjustment that you should make is the tiny knob on the front of the clutch lever. It's bit unclear by your description if that's the adjuster you're referring to. That adjuster should get you in the ball park. If it doesn't there's something else wrong.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes i was referring to this knob. But this only change where the lever rest. Closer or farther from the bars.

I don't think there's something else wrong. Before i bleed, the push rod was not going out enough because of the trapped air, else hard to find neutral.

Now it push the rod more, and as a result, the clutch start to engage "later" when i release the clutch lever.

Clutch looks to be engaging completely, as pressure plate rest correctly against the drum. It's just a bit annoying as i was used to a completely different clutch feeling.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
I think part of this is that the feeling is new to you after the clutch bleed. The clutch should start to engage somewhere in the middle of the lever travel. Maybe not exactly in the middle but close to that area.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Temporary greeter
23,076 Posts
Yes i was referring to this knob. But this only change where the lever rest. Closer or farther from the bars.

I don't think there's something else wrong. Before i bleed, the push rod was not going out enough because of the trapped air, else hard to find neutral.

Now it push the rod more, and as a result, the clutch start to engage "later" when i release the clutch lever.

Clutch looks to be engaging completely, as pressure plate rest correctly against the drum. It's just a bit annoying as i was used to a completely different clutch feeling.
Put some air back into it :p

Just kidding. Getting used to it is the correct answer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts