Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

So I accidentally bought a Ducati...

443 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Desmo_Demon 
#1 ·
...and immediately fell in love with it, hook line and sinker.

1999 ST2 with hard Ducati saddle bags.

Ive always had mediocre Hondas over the years that were fun and all, but since accidentally buying my Ducati... I've since come to the conclusion that it is completely and utterly impossible to not feel like a total bad ass while riding said Ducati and loving every moment.

But I know squat about Ducatis except for their steep service price and that the valves don't use springs. What are some ideas for the first few things I should do to my new found reason for existing?

Also, greetings from scenic Humboldt Co, CA.

#2 · (Edited)
Now that's funny!

I wish I had thought of that when I brought mine home. :D

Welcome to the madhouse, er, I mean clubhouse. Check out the Sport Touring sub forum. Make good use of the search feature, and you'll find lots of helpful folks there.

Wow, I totally spaced on the part about you being from Humboldt. I lived in Arcata for 25 years. Howdy neighbor!

#3 ·
So I accidentally bought a Ducati....
That's what happened to me with my '98 ST2. I made an offer I was expecting them to turn down, and after three days of them countering (and me sticking to my original offer), I wound up having to take the bike home.....it took a few years for me to fall in love with mine, though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.