Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look what I am having made :D

Full details, including pics and sound, in a couple of weeks when I get the bike back.

Rob

Attachments

·
Registered
565 Posts
Nice tail chop!

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow a motorcycle lift. Details!
Sorry, no details on the lift. It is what the guy has who is making the exhaust system. I think it is an old car lift he has modified for bikes.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I guess you are being secretive on purpose. They look like polished termis. What are they?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Custom reverse cones? Those should look awesome. I'd love to put some Staintunes or similar style\quality cans on down the road as I think they really bring out the '70s character of the bike.

By all means post a clip when you can!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Looking forward to the updates / sound.

BTW, where'd you score those foot-sets?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Cool enough, but (respectfully) they don't look too terribly different from a set of Termis to me. It would be great to see them moved up next to the tail and more level with the ground. Either way, look forward to the finished results. Handmade is always cool!

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the feedback.

I am the first to admit that I am not doing anything radical in my design. I love the classic look, and that is what I am going for.

Yes, there are Termi's, and Staintune now have a nice system for the 1000S, but to me, none of these are following the right lines, with the main problem being the design of the "big black triangle" which doesn't allow the headers to run the way they should.

The big thing I have done, is to modify the triangle (hence the different footpegs and controls) so that I could route the exhaust the way I think it should run.

Hopefully I get the results I am after ... seeing the system only partially made makes it hard to get the full picture.

One surprise in seeing the bike with the new mufflers in place, is the overall visual balance of the bike was much better, even the tail (which lots of people have chopped) was looking more integrated - TonyNYC commented "nice tail chop" ... it the original tail, unmodified, except for positioning the number plate as high as possible.

Rob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts