Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 800ssie and there is an annoying snatching when at low speeds and when i'm n & off the throttle. it a problem with low speed tight long bends when you are balancing the lean withe the throttle (if you know what i mean) and need a smooth throttle. chain is adjusted correctly. its a 05 bike with 3800miles. its most apparent when carrying pillon when you don't really want full throttle of corners. I suspect its poor fuel mapping on the ecu but anyone else had problem and found a cure with out a power commander.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
isn't my spelling & grammer terrible, :(. no clue why, sorry if it only just makes sense in places.

N

·
0 Posts
i have an 06 ss800 and mine does the same thing. i havent found a solution!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
couple of questions...what gearing are you running and what mods?...airbox?...mufflers?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Daren,

I've found the same thing with my 05. I notice it more at low RPMs. Unless you are VERY slow with the throttle, you usually get a kind of "clunk". Same thing with you?

No mods on mine yet, and as with yours, the chain is fine, etc.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No mods on bike and it occurs 3-4k rpm and its a chlunk so i guess from your replies its a standard ducati ie feature. just didn't experience it with the carbed 750ss from years ago. anyone found ways to minimise it.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
apparently there are 2 ways to minimize it....change your gearing to maybe a higher rear sprocket or trying to put a 14T on the front....or just don't ride at 3-4K RPM's.

·
Registered
61 Posts
zooom said:
apparently there are 2 ways to minimize it....change your gearing to maybe a higher rear sprocket or trying to put a 14T on the front....or just don't ride at 3-4K RPM's.
Ah.... the answer to everything: Go faster!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts