Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had my bike in at dealer the tech is very good and reliable this was for a solid go over ..... sinc throttle bodies, set tps, set fuel,check and set timing. he was very thorough as he said he had everything spot on ....so now the test ride ...well he made it to the mouth of the dealership the engine made a wind up whirring sound then the sound of grinding metal and shut down so he wheeled it back to the garrage.this was on my 2006 sport on friday .monday is strip down day and we'll see what happened ... booo hooo booo hooo. by the way i do feel for the tech to him it's like killing a child,he was in shock.now this thread is not about what a dealer has done. for them the machine was running great everything checked out .it was just one of those things . but you know i'm glad it wasn't me on that bike when it blew.

·
Registered
162 Posts
A little coincidental !

If it was me and the bike was fine before the Tec took a wrench to it , i would be assuming that the issue had been caused by them. Will be interesting to see the outcome , but dont you think it seems a little to coincidental ?

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Yeah, I'd be willing to bet money that he did something wrong, but things happen. If you'd done it yourself and made the same error, you'd be screwed.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am not worried about the outcome the dealer already stated they will look at it and address the problem the warranty expired at the end of october and has not been ridden since a week before that .the dealer knows this . to be positive it gives me a reason to build a hot engine

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
welllllll. dealer called it looks like the engine thru a rod which for the air cooled motor is very unexpected . ducati will repair under warranty. it just goes to show not all dealers are asses .

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
welllllll. dealer called it looks like the engine thru a rod which for the air cooled motor is very unexpected . ducati will repair under warranty. it just goes to show not all dealers are asses .
Ouch!

At the wrong end of the season as well. Did they give you any idea of how long the repairs willl take?

I'm very pleased for you that it's being taken care of properly.

I think the Canadian branch of DNA seem to understand customer service and going above and beyond. When our heads have become overheated and the coating turns brown or black, it seems that in the states the owner will typically have to foot the bill for the recoating. DNA here in Alberta have not only paid for my heads to be ceramic coated (not powder coated as they were originally), but they're also doing the barrels as well. WOO HOO. My engine will have black heads, barrels, and sides.

God I can't wait for the spring!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
OK. Your crank is coming out. The motor will be completely disassembled. Now is the time to do any major mods that you'd consider doing, such as:

knife-edge/lighten/polish/balance crankshaft
lightend flywheel
Pankl or Ferracci rods
Ferracci big-bore kit
heads flowed, maybe bigger valves
race cams
TPO Beast-R intake
Termi 2:1/DP ecu if you don't already have one
PC-III with custom map

If you do these mods, you'll probably also want to make sure that your suspension is tuned to your weight and riding style, and upgrade your wheels and brakes as well.

With these mods, you should see around 106 to 110 rwhp and 76 or more lbft of torque at the rear wheel. The bike will spin up rpms waaayyyy quicker than it does now and you'll be able to run with anyone, up to about 120 to 130 mph. The bike will feel like it's 50 to 80 pounds lighter when it is motion than it does when it's stock.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
OK. Your crank is coming out. The motor will be completely disassembled. Now is the time to do any major mods that you'd consider doing, such as:

knife-edge/lighten/polish/balance crankshaft
lightend flywheel
Pankl or Ferracci rods
Ferracci big-bore kit
heads flowed, maybe bigger valves
race cams
TPO Beast-R intake
Termi 2:1/DP ecu if you don't already have one
PC-III with custom map

If you do these mods, you'll probably also want to make sure that your suspension is tuned to your weight and riding style, and upgrade your wheels and brakes as well.

With these mods, you should see around 106 to 110 rwhp and 76 or more lbft of torque at the rear wheel. The bike will spin up rpms waaayyyy quicker than it does now and you'll be able to run with anyone, up to about 120 to 130 mph. The bike will feel like it's 50 to 80 pounds lighter when it is motion than it does when it's stock.
Oh make the bad man stop :(

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ducati will rebuild to stock .i already inquired to build engine.but service advised not to push my luck and i can understand their reasoning.so the motor will be sent out during next winter .now for mods .i already have forged wheels 4 piston brakes,zard full exhaust ,dp ecu,super cell battery ,nichols flywheel,all the clutch bling,modded headlight assembly ,barend signals and mirrors from oberon,sound blaster horn mounted off the oilcooler,a very nice tail light and bracket made by myself and a few other odds and sodds , put it this way the money i put into the bike has made it a lifer

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well got my bike back today... ducati repaired the problem even though warranty expired last october . i would like to thank john and jay at peninsula ducati in oakville for backing their product when i didn't even ask them to do so.the guys there went the extra mile for me and i appreciate it greatly . again thank you

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Nice to hear that relatively new shop getting good reviews. They are my closest dealer but I have mostly been taking my business to London, until just recently - decided to give peninsula a try. Just a simple parts order, but I was also pretty satisfied. They're new, but they are making a good effort.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts