Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got done doing a major overhaul on my 02' 748. This included 5 new rockers (flaking), valve adjustment, new belts, oil change, new carbon exhaust. Starting up the bike today she runs fine but I notice a little puff of smoke coming from the left pipe. Any ideas? I didn't change the ECU to correspond to the new exhaust and aftermarket exhaust/stock ECU makes your bike run leaner usually so I would think you would not see smoke... any ideas guys?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Probably just needs running a bit more. If you've just had major engine work it will probably need some miles before everything settles .

·
Registered
204 Posts
Typically blue smoke is oil, black smoke is unburned gas. Did it smoke before? If not, I would go back over everything and probably do a compression test while I was in there.......or you could wait and see if it goes away. :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like little puffs of white... very light and dissipates very quickly. I'm hopping after a few miles it will magically disappear! lol

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Looks like little puffs of white... very light and dissipates very quickly. I'm hopping after a few miles it will magically disappear! lol
Sounds to me like water vapor which is totally normal when an engine is cold. If you get alot of that when the engine is hot, that's not a good sign.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts