Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’ve used this setup for about 15,000km

http://instagr.am/p/BuKz1TCgph4/
It’s a cheap AliExpress bar mount, a bicycle phone mount and silicone straps (the sort you get with a RAM X-Grip).

The bar mounts up easily. We hacked off the bicycle mount’s “ring” and bolted it straight through the bar. The bar ends have spring washers so you can loosen, angle and tighten - I’ve never had to touch it again.

The post a detailed explanation.

Indian sun cooks the rubber retainer but they’re cheap to replace and easy to find.

And since new iPhones are waterproof it’s aces.

I also added an Optimate charger and zip tied a lightning cable in place with a magnet retainer on the bar mounts side flange. So it’s nearly wired up as well.

I did soak the cable a couple of times. Charging stops. But once it dried out, the cable seems to work as usual again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It doesn’t. The clamp is well under the mount. I’ve moved the screen up and down without any hindrance at all on the move also.

I used the ram mount dey before this but this places navigation info closer to my normal on-bike eye-line which I prefer quite a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
I just bought one of these last Fall to install on my Ministrada...it was less than $12USD on Ebay. Came in fast from China. Has a charger installed at the base of it that I wasn't really aware of when I ordered it...just have to supply my own USB to charger tip for it to work...that's $1.00 at the Dollar store.

·
Registered
234 Posts
The Ducati/Navihalter mount works very well, and was designed for these bikes. That said, like most Ducati branded NAV mounts, it rotates the AMPS mounting hole pattern 90 degrees, so you have to either buy or fabricate an adapter to rotate it back, otherwise you're stuck using Ducati branded NAV systems, which are overpriced rebranded Garmin Zumos.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I installed the evotech unit on my '19 1260 and it works great! I wound up 3d printing an adapter for the exact cradle I liked, but I can highly recommend this mount. The position is perfect for eye level and it doesnt interfere with the screen position adjustment.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I installed the evotech unit on my '19 1260 and it works great! I wound up 3d printing an adapter for the exact cradle I liked, but I can highly recommend this mount. The position is perfect for eye level and it doesnt interfere with the screen position adjustment.
Thanks for all the input, just ordered the evotech and quad lock case. This works perfect for what I want

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not sure if you need this or not, but this is the way I attached my phone mount to the bracket. I really like the slip grip mounts because they work well with the phone in the case and hold the phone very securely. 3D files can be downloaded here..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts