Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a small oil leak coming from my ohlins is there a kit for repairing these,thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,642 Posts
There probably is somewhere, but your "kit" will need some special tools and a means to recharge the nitrogen which will add up to more than it would cost just to send it in for a rebuild unless you already have that stuff in your shop. There have ben a few positngs here that discuse this and give an idea of how much it might cost. Didn't seem like a lot to me for just the rebuild. Maybe do a search.

Many of us here do our own forks, but they are pretty easy and the tools needed aren't to bad to make or purchase. Shocks seem to be a different story. I've never done one, so I can't say.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

The kid at the service desk was not much help w/ the priceing of the kit either,he said between $25 and $100 so i'm doing the research now,tues i'll call my tech and speak w/ him.Sounds like i should just buy a new one and get a more heavy duty spring also for my size.:)

·
7,733 Posts
Found a small oil leak coming from my ohlins is there a kit for repairing these,thanks.
A leaking pre-load adjuster, if that's what it is, is not uncommon on those shocks. They need to be serviced "regularly" IIRC, ie every 18K miles or so. You can ship it out to/drop it off at a reputable Ohlins dealer and have it serviced for a reasonable price afaik. :)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What a Pain !

Spent 2hrs looking for a used ohlins,kits but came up short.I found some part stores on new ones for $2200.00 but thats all.Seems they have an ohlins usa in north carolina and in montrose,ca. at a place called Scotts Performance m/c products so i'll call them up tomorrow and yes Stryder it is the pre-load adj.Chit everything hit all at once,Ohlins,Tires,Chain,Sprockets whats a man to do,,,,:(

·
Registered
33 Posts
ohlins rebuild

Hey Jet! I sent my Ohlins shock off to their Hendersonville, NC location for a rebuild. It wasn't leaking, but it had 30K miles on it, so I figured it was worth it. It cost me around 150 or so for the services. They will upgrade your spring for free if you want. They are good guys, and their expertise is worth paying for.

Nate
98' ST2

·
7,733 Posts
Spent 2hrs looking for a used ohlins,kits but came up short.I found some part stores on new ones for $2200.00 but thats all.Seems they have an ohlins usa in north carolina and in montrose,ca. at a place called Scotts Performance m/c products so i'll call them up tomorrow and yes Stryder it is the pre-load adj.Chit everything hit all at once,Ohlins,Tires,Chain,Sprockets whats a man to do,,,,:(
Many peeps here have been happy working with Rick at Cogent Dynamics. He tunes a lot of Ducati suspensions. It may be worthwhile to call him too. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts