Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Multistrada hasn't let me down yet, but a couple of times after being parked outside a motel on a cold morning, the bike has struggled to start.

I have an AntiGravity XP1 battery pack that I carry around in my truck. It's very compact, so I figured I'd start carrying it on the Multi when I was out on a multi day trip.

I ordered the the pigtail below, direct from AntiGravity for about $30 and connected this up to the battery on the Multistrada. The pigtail is fairly short so I just left it tucked under the driver seat

Amazon also sells this kit

This is me testing the Anitgravity battery pack on my old Goldwing on a cold day.

·
Registered
106 Posts
pretty cool. i have a lot of trouble in the cold. these batterys are just barely enough when its warm

·
Registered
348 Posts
Had to leave my DVT overnight at the dealer a couple of weeks ago when I had the first service done. It got into the mid-40s that night. When I went to pick the bike up the next day it was sitting in the sun waiting for me... and wouldn't start. Sounded so bad that all the techs turned their heads to look and had "Oh, crap...." expressions on their faces. I gave it a couple of tries before one of them ran over to assist. He wheeled it over to a bench and was just about to connect it to a battery charger when he gave it one last try... and it finally managed to start. His theory was that the battery just needed some time to "warm up". I've heard that for lithium ion batteries, but never with a more conventional battery (lead acid, AGM, etc).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts