Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like my 916's kickstand lean just kind of increased. Is it possible or common that the bike is leaning more than it should? :confused: Or is it all in my head? I really do the best I can to keep the bike from falling while I'm riding it. Last thing I need is it falling over in the garage while I'm sleeping!

·
Banned
11,256 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha I just was trying to be funny I guess.. I have the sleepy haha's. Oh well. Guess I can check it out tomorrow. Then I'll start the search for a replacement.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
i had the same problem with mine, turned out one of the bolts which holds the bracket to the engine was bent and kept coming loose, it's fine now that i've replaced both bolts. if it's the pivot bolt that's worn that would be a nice excuse to get the ti one. i found a spring holder which negates the suicide stand too, if you're interested i could have a look for the part number.

·
Banned
3 Posts
Buy a Cycle Cat kickstand replacement. They come in Black 3 different lengths .35 , .57 or 1.5" longer than stock and 7075 billet. While you're at it buy titanium rotation and pivot bolts. I did this 3 years ago and never had any more anxiety or lean issues.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts