Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else had problems with a slipping clutch on their GT or other wet clutched Ducati? Just started happening. If I do a rollon at say 70mph in top gear, the clutch slips. Have 11K miles on bike, clutch fluid is good color, changed once. Oil level is OK, good quality motorcycle oil changed by dealer. Maybe ready for change but this should not cause clutch slippage. Clutch lever action seems a little "sticky" for some reason.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Is it the lever or the slave? I have 36,000 on mine with no problems whatsoever with the clutch. That includes a couple track days and a few runs down the dragstrip.

I know the stock Ducati slaves are notorious for having problems, but it seems like the latest ones such that come on our bike are doing fine. Another thing to check would be to pull the slave and slide out the actuating shaft. Clean that up, grease the seals and re-install. I also pull the pivot pins on my levers occasionaly to grease and adjust the slop. (I hate slop. :) )

If something is binding it would certainly keep the clutch from engaging fully.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool, I'll check those. Just seems premature to be needing grease, I never did any maintenance to the pushrod or lever on my old 907, and it had a lot more miles. Mine is an '07.
Biz

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Remote odds, but you might also try bleeding the slave cylinder a bit to see if you simply have air in there somehow, which can give symptoms similar to slipping.

·
Registered
54 Posts
you may be due for a new clutch and plates...I have 22k miles and just changed my 2nd set (Barnetts). Mine is dry clutch so it may wear out sooner than wet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts