Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

I'm more from the Streetfighter party, but my question might be more from the Superbike party.

The 1098R is equipped with a ducati stock slipper clutch, which is labeled with Ducati Performance. In the Ducati Performance accessory catalogue is also a Ducati Performance slipper clutch. Does anyone know, is there a difference between the stock DP slipper clutch and the accessory DP slipper clutch?

Thank you for the numerous answers!
Cheers
Simon

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Hi guys!

I'm more from the Streetfighter party, but my question might be more from the Superbike party.

The 1098R is equipped with a ducati stock slipper clutch, which is labeled with Ducati Performance. In the Ducati Performance accessory catalogue is also a Ducati Performance slipper clutch. Does anyone know, is there a difference between the stock DP slipper clutch and the accessory DP slipper clutch?

Thank you for the numerous answers!
Cheers
Simon
The stocker wont be a forged pressure plate, it will be cast, which means it will have more flex in it. The basket is steel I believe not aluminum like the one in the DP performance catalogue. I am not sure if the plates are any different.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot! I just got a Ducati Performance Slipper Clutch (with friction plates and spacers) in eBay for 400$ and watched another one from a 1098R (but with forged pressure plate I think) go away for 700$. On the pictures they looked pretty much the same, so I started wondering, if there are any differences in quality and design. But I guess my deal wasn't that bad...

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess the price was right, that's why I got it in the end. I just wasn't sure if there are different systems or technologies within Ducati, which would justify higher or lower prices. But in this case I'm happy and looking forwards to putting the clutch on my bike.
Thanks again and Merry Christmas!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts