Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ciao a tutti -

with a little over 7,000 miles on the DP strada slipper clutch (bucci version) on the hypertard, i have now gone through 2 sets of DP clutch packs (friction and drive plates).

so, i am wondering if anyone else has similar experience with ramp style slipper clutch on a hypertard ... i know the clutch pack takes much more abuse on a slipper, as each time a downshift occurs, the clutch pack takes a hit.

i am seriously considering going back to the stock clutch hub, to get more life out of a clutch pack ... i used to get 15,000 out of stock clutch setups on previous ducs i have owned.

then again, perhaps i will simply shell out for a new clutch pack every 3,500 miles, and enjoy being able to downshift with reckless abandon :D

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
any way to treat it "better"? I have a slipper on my hyper and was wondering about same thing. if I match revs does it still take a "hit"?

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
ciao a tutti -

with a little over 7,000 miles on the DP strada slipper clutch (bucci version) on the hypertard, i have now gone through 2 sets of DP clutch packs (friction and drive plates).

so, i am wondering if anyone else has similar experience with ramp style slipper clutch on a hypertard ... i know the clutch pack takes much more abuse on a slipper, as each time a downshift occurs, the clutch pack takes a hit.

i am seriously considering going back to the stock clutch hub, to get more life out of a clutch pack ... i used to get 15,000 out of stock clutch setups on previous ducs i have owned.

then again, perhaps i will simply shell out for a new clutch pack every 3,500 miles, and enjoy being able to downshift with reckless abandon :D
John,
I know you put some miles, but you're a pretty cool and calm rider and you don't do track days. I don't see you banging 3 gears down on hard breaking before corners. I would say either the thickness setup is not right, or that old slipper technology simply sucks. When I get a slipper clutch, I will probably get the EVR Clutch CTS (like Peter). I know the replacement pack is more expensive but the technology seems much better.
Christian.

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
I have an EVR... I can definitely feel it "click" when I switch gears... is this normal? Previous question still stands also thank you.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have 3600 miles on a ramp style stm with the original clutch pack except one steel was changed out for the correct stack thickness. So for so good no slipping but time may tell.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
11,XXX miles on my EVR slipper clutch on my 1098 and counting - everything, including plates, is still original.

As for hearing a click - they do that sometimes, depends on how you ease, or bang your shifts I think. Meet me at the start of highway 28 in Walhalla and I test her out for you.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok, gathered sharers of wisdom ... the friction plates are still within spec, per the DP bucci slipper manual, but the drive plates are really glazed.

what are you using/doing to clean off the "glaze" that occurs on the drive plates?

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
ok, gathered sharers of wisdom ... the friction plates are still within spec, per the DP bucci slipper manual, but the drive plates are really glazed.

what are you using/doing to clean off the "glaze" that occurs on the drive plates?
I glazed up my Barnett plates real bad after a track day a while back, the tech people at Barnett told me to "lightly" sand the friction plates on a flat surface with #220 wet N dry sandpaper, just enough to remove the glaze, then I spray them down with a can of Brake Kleen from my local autoparts store, good as new! Aloha Alex

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
grazie mille alex ... now all i have to do is find a granite tabletop and i am set ;)

I glazed up my Barnett plates real bad after a track day a while back, the tech people at Barnett told me to "lightly" sand the friction plates on a flat surface with #220 wet N dry sandpaper, just enough to remove the glaze, then I spray them down with a can of Brake Kleen from my local autoparts store, good as new! Aloha Alex

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
All joking aside, I take my metal plates and step on them on a concrete floor, flip and do the other side.

Knocking wood, I have been doing this with my race bikes since 1989 and have never run into any problems.

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
11,XXX miles on my EVR slipper clutch on my 1098 and counting - everything, including plates, is still original.

As for hearing a click - they do that sometimes, depends on how you ease, or bang your shifts I think. Meet me at the start of highway 28 in Walhalla and I test her out for you.
I'm pretty careful as I shift.. will call ducshop to ask. definitely open for a ride... didn't know bellisimoto moto was here in the SE. Leaving tomorrow with a buddy for 2 days riding and will hit up 28 for sure. is your store close to some twisties? we can stop by

1 - 11 of 11 Posts