Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently put a mivv slip on the bike, The slip on removes the the flapper valve. They told me that I don't need to modify the fueling or change the ecu. When I start the bike in the mornings the bike fires up good but then 5 sec after it starts it dies. I never had this issue before putting the slip on. At first I thought it was the battery but the battery is fine. Is it possible that not having the flapper valve can create this issue?

·
Registered
228 Posts
removal of the flapper valve and servo, without a DP ecu would cause an error light, have you had the fuel set by a Ducati dealer?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
removal of the flapper valve and servo, without a DP ecu would cause an error light, have you had the fuel set by a Ducati dealer?
I took the the ducati mechanic and he said it was ok and told that If I don't mind the light coming on and off it should be ok.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I recently put a mivv slip on the bike, The slip on removes the the flapper valve. They told me that I don't need to modify the fueling or change the ecu. When I start the bike in the mornings the bike fires up good but then 5 sec after it starts it dies. I never had this issue before putting the slip on. At first I thought it was the battery but the battery is fine. Is it possible that not having the flapper valve can create this issue?

My bike would do this with the stock ecu, you had to keep it running by hand, or restart almost every time. It did this with my stock pipe, and zard slip on. You can help it a little by opening the air bleeds a little bit to. I could not fully cure it, until I switched to a DP slip on ecu.

As for the exhaust flapper valve, you can fashion some stops for the servo motor that will allow you to leave it plugged in. it can then cycle normally, and keep the check engine light off.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My bike would do this with the stock ecu, you had to keep it running by hand, or restart almost every time. It did this with my stock pipe, and zard slip on. You can help it a little by opening the air bleeds a little bit to. I could not fully cure it, until I switched to a DP slip on ecu.

As for the exhaust flapper valve, you can fashion some stops for the servo motor that will allow you to leave it plugged in. it can then cycle normally, and keep the check engine light off.
My question is answer thank you guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts