Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not a rep, just an average joe letting you all know that slingshotracing products are AWESOME!! I just ordered the cap and installed it and boy does it look hot. Clearly cnc'd from a solid block of aluminum, the quality is exceptional for an $80 item. Highly recommended! I am one happy customer!

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Wait 6 months for most all of the black color to fade out of the CNC, then post again. My bike is garaged and under a cover when not ridden and the fading is pretty bad. There is a reason these are cheaper then other billet caps.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
AH yes, mine looks like black gold now.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have the same cap for over a year now and it looks Great!. I do wax it everytime I wax my bike that may have something to do with it.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All of my research on this forum and others indicates that people are happy with this product despite the above remarks. I wonder if those commenting above even own one. All I hear is good things and the quality appears to be as good as other finely machined parts. I am not one to buy crap and I maintain this product looks great.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
So dont get black . Get the natural aluminium colour then the dont fade and theres nothing wrong with the actual fabrication

·
Registered
90 Posts
SSR fuel cap

Does it have a vent hose?

Im not a rep, just an average joe letting you all know that slingshotracing products are AWESOME!! I just ordered the cap and installed it and boy does it look hot. Clearly cnc'd from a solid block of aluminum, the quality is exceptional for an $80 item. Highly recommended! I am one happy customer!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No however I will remark that despite what others have said, I am STILL a very happy customer. The cap has served me very well and hasn't faded a bit. I still reccomend to all!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts