Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the Slingshot light weight Flywheel on their xx9 bikes?

http://www.slingshotracing.net/catalog/ducati-cnc-light-weight-racing-flywheel-p-56.html

The website claims this as one of the advantages:
"5) Corner and Turn-ins with less effort "

Is this true? If it helps accelerate faster, doesn't that make holding steady throttle a little difficult in the turn? I don't care if it doesn't improve the handling, as long as it doesn't diminish it.

bottom line: Is this mod track friendly?

·
Registered
264 Posts
I recently put one in my 748. It is significantly lighter than the stock flywheel. Stock was over 4 lbs. this SSR is under 1 lb. I thought the bike wouldn't idle or take off from a dead stop easy but, I don't have any of those issues.

There has been a ton of discussion on light flywheels, bottom line is, the engine does spin up a little faster and I think the bike flicks easier but, there's no power gain. I had it on the track and over all, I think it's a good mod. No reason not to do it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The flywheel is built for the track, and seems to be to me, more beneficial and rideable on the track. Their waterpump housing is awesome if you wanted to go with that. I am sponsored by them, and even if i wasn't, I'd still be buying all of their parts. If you talk to them, tell them Darren Ellis-Carroll sent you...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts