Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a conical washer/spacer they refer to as a 'special washer' on the rear wheel of my S2R, that is slightly stuck. (part number 71410271A)
https://issuu.com/desmoworks/docs/2007-ms2r-1000?e=1887458/6794804
Page 80-81, part number 2.

I've gotten it to shift a little by tapping the wheel with a rubber mallet, and I haven't been really going to town or anything, but it seems bound up enough to be stuck in place.
Looks like the grease on the threads is a little cooked into place too. It came off okay, but it's sticky.

I'm hesitant to lever at it for fear of gouging the metal and making for a wonky re-install.

I've got it sitting on the swing arm side on a pitbull stand..

I guess it would work free if I rock it around enough. As I say it's moving a little, but I'm sitting here waiting for my son to nap, so I thought I'd ask..

Any tricks for shifting it I'm not thinking of? I've found some videos where once the hub nut is off, the whole thing just falls apart, but mine isn't doing that.

Thanks,

Rob.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My patented replying to my own thread..

I kind of braced the bottom with my foot to stop it rocking, and sharply tapped the top of the tire on the swingarm side. Popped right out with a little more aggression.

Looks like cooked grease and grime.

Rob.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Seeing some pitting..

Looks like this has been pretty bound up with gunk.
I'm seeing a little pitting on the shaft as well as some raised black gunk on the washer ID.

Am I doing the right thing in scrubbing it off with an abrasive paper?
I'm presuming next time some anti seize in there next time would be the way to go?

Rob.

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
wash the part and stub axle in kero or some other solvent. clean with a fine scotchbrite pad or steel wool. abrasive paper is to harsh. some pics would be handy, makes answering easier if we could see what the muck is.

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
you will get answers quicker if you posted in the monster section as the part/problem isn't suspension or tyre.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts