Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have this problem with the stock seat? I'm going to get some knee grips for the tank which should help but a more tacky seat would be most excellent (race seat, anyone?).

Separately, are you finding the curved in tail inhibiting your ability to hang a cheek off unless you're right at the tank?

I'm not a little guy and need to be at the back of the seat--J

·
Registered
262 Posts
Not really, I did feel the curved in part of the tail every now and then but for the most part it was not an issue.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Anyone else have this problem with the stock seat? I'm going to get some knee grips for the tank which should help but a more tacky seat would be most excellent (race seat, anyone?).

Separately, are you finding the curved in tail inhibiting your ability to hang a cheek off unless you're right at the tank?

I'm not a little guy and need to be at the back of the seat--J

Not really, I have a small butt and have more than enough room to hang it off!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

·
Bon Vivant
11,252 Posts
I'm 6'2" and have no trouble getting off the seat. I'm also really surprised you think the seat is slippery-
it's the tacky-est seat I've ever seen on a stock bike, in fact everyone has commented how nice the seat is:
it's soft and comfy, large enough for cruising, but sticky and shaped just right for performance riding.
Hell I think the seat is one of the best of any bike I've ever been on :eek:

I wish it would fit on my 1098!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'd agree with flynbulldog. In leathers the seat is grippy, but doable. In my Aerostich it feels like velcro. But super comfy. Way nicer than a stock Monster seat, which is a plank.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I find the seat to be a little slippery with fabric, fine with leather. It is perfectly comfortable, but I would be happier with a little less forward lean. I will be putting techgrip on the tank sides, and perhaps on the plastic underneath (I have to pick my heels way up to have my knees fully on the tank ( I want peg options! ). I have ordered the racing seat, just to see. If it ever comes, I'll let you know if I like the neoprene.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah..maybe I just need to throw my leathers on and I'll see what you guys mean..thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts