Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys.

so im new here.. . just made my presentation..

and i hope to share good moments.. with all ya.

here a question i have a 748 and wanted to get some Sliders for it.. but i couldnt find too may options on ebay..

1.- do you know why is that?

and actually 2.- i just found Axel sliders not more than that.. i wonder if that would work?

any experiences?

very appreciated.

thanks! =p

·
Registered
89 Posts
Why do you want frame sliders? You doing track days?

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why do you want frame sliders? You doing track days?

Sent from my iPad using MO Free
im not sure what track days is (my English is not that good)

i need them to protect the bike thats all

i just got the bike and second day was throwed to the floor from some [email protected] in a car when my bike was parked!

so.. i needed something to protect the bike... and my pocket =p if you know what i mean :mad:

·
Registered
435 Posts
Track days means your taking your bike to a race track for some worry free aggressive riding, in most cases.

Problem your going to find is type of frame slider.

You can get the standard setup, but on 748 you will have to cut holes in the bodywork to allow the sliders to fit through to the outside.

There is also the underbody sliders that require no cutting on the body. They install just behind the side panels, invisible, but the don't protect the bodywork at all.

Those are all the options I know about for that bike, aside from wheel / fork sliders.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Track days means your taking your bike to a race track for some worry free aggressive riding, in most cases.

Problem your going to find is type of frame slider.

You can get the standard setup, but on 748 you will have to cut holes in the bodywork to allow the sliders to fit through to the outside.

There is also the underbody sliders that require no cutting on the body. They install just behind the side panels, invisible, but the don't protect the bodywork at all.

Those are all the options I know about for that bike, aside from wheel / fork sliders.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
what are those under sliders meant for?

and those wheel fork sliders actually work? do they protect the bike? or just part of it.. ?

tks!

·
Registered
794 Posts
The "under sliders" are meant to not protect the bodywork, but instead to just protect the engine and other hard parts below the bodywork. Some people fear that with the standard type frame sliders sticking out from the bodywork that they will catch on something while the bike is sliding along the ground in a crash and cause the bike to flip and do more damage. I have only used my Cycle Cat frame sliders at the track and they have protected the bike by keeping it off the ground and did not catch on anything; maybe on the street a different story...don't know.

The Cycle Cat frame sliders - and any others that install at the forward engine mount - will require replacing the battery with a smaller size model as well since they encroach on the battery box. The downside to this is less battery power from a smaller battery (unless you buy a new lithium-type) and potentially harder starts. I use my bike exclusively on the track and have both the Cycle Cat frame sliders (with holes cut in the fairing and smaller size battery) and sliders for the front axle. Again, in a fall-over situation in a parking lot the axle sliders probably wouldn't help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.