Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jwsparkes said:
Zoom,

no dis-respect but, invest in a CRG blindsight mirror.

regards,
I have looked at em...and I am not so keen with where they sit in regards to how I ride and so forth....

·
Registered
923 Posts
zooom said:
I have looked at em...and I am not so keen with where they sit in regards to how I ride and so forth....
I had a tough time swallowing $80 for one mirror, myself.

I bought a pair of Napolean bar end mirrors for $50, total. Took a little ... coercion ... to get them mounted on the clip-ons, but for $110 difference, I'll take it.

Otherwise, that is a pretty trick idea w/ the mickey mouse ears. Looks cool. My only thought is - they're just about in the exact same place as the mirrors on my Paso are - and they give me a wonderful view of my knees and elbows, so I gotta wonder exactly what you can see through 'em ...

Those Napoleans though - they rule. I could get by with just one, you can see so much back there ...

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FOR ME..it wasn't so much a matter of money...as it was sightline...the CRG's tend to sit in a way that I would have to look through my arm to use them without moving around to actually see through em...I have dirtbike bars on my Monster and with the bark buster type handguards with ATV wind deflectors for the colder temp riding protection right now....CRG's or Napoleon's wouldn't work for me with this set-up....but I'll have to play with a Mickey that I have extra and see what it does in terms of view...I'll let ya know if it is like your Paso showing type view or not....I guess parts of that though is in how you adjust em!....seems like the Mickey's would be more adjustable than the Paso mirrors maybe?!?!?!?!

·
Registered
923 Posts
I'm sure of that; the Paso's mirrors don't offer much in terms of adjustability or view.

I still think it's a pretty trick idea; I haven't seen mirrors mounted that low off the forks on anything, so points for originality, anyway! Post up pix if you set it up. I guess my only question is usability: how far away from the oncoming road do you have to look to see what's behind you?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts