Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just switched to an Oberon slave on my S4RS and in my haste to switch lines rapidly I overlooked transplanting the viton o-ring on the mating surface of the stock slave to the new one. The Oberon instructions imply that it's optional and not necessary and it's not leaking. Should I have install it anyway ? Should I bother to install it now ? What is it sealing in, or out?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I don't know the answer for sure but if it's not leaking I'd leave it , I just ordered an oberman for my S4rs too it had some off brand slave on it and looked really grungy in side, but anyway to my question for you, did you notice any difference in the way the oberman works, clutch pull for example?

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I expected to, but I did not. Felt like stock.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
I left the o-ring off, the Oberon mates perfectly without it and as long as yours does not leak it should be fine.

I noticed a big difference right away with the Oberon, the clutch action happens in the first one/third of the the pull rather than the last 1/3.

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think that's got a lot to do with how well it's bled. I noticed it but assumed that was the difference between a leaky slave and a good one bled with fresh fluid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts