Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! Got a slave clutch cylinder from a 796 2012 monster for my s2r 2006. As you can see there’s a big difference since the newer one use a plastic kind of guide for the rode. Newer rods have a guide which lacks the old models so my main question is: can I use new model on my old one without having to change the rod? Would it harm the bike in any way? Also came with a little kind of end that should sit at the bottom of the newest cylinder. Do I need to put it in too? Or is it because of newer rods are shorter? Thank you in advance for all the help!

Proud sugar daddy of my 620ie 2001, S2R800 2006 and dirty sexy foxy lady AKA 1100 2008 Hypermotard

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
Nobody has answered and I’m not sure. I will say I can’t see any harm in trying it. If the plastic piece fits, try it. If it doesn’t, don’t try it. My replacement slave came with a spacer for the newer bikes, so there is apparently a difference.

Reactions: cmejia1978

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nobody has answered and I’m not sure. I will say I can’t see any harm in trying it. If the plastic piece fits, try it. If it doesn’t, don’t try it. My replacement slave came with a spacer for the newer bikes, so there is apparently a difference.

Thanks! And did it came with a spacer a little mini rod-issshhhh too? Thank you for answering

Proud sugar daddy of my 620ie 2001, S2R800 2006 and dirty sexy foxy lady AKA 1100 2008 Hypermotard

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The older push rod will work. The benefit of the new rod with the guides is that it keeps the rod from spinning in the slave. This might help the fluid from turning black prematurely.

Ohhh thanks for the info will proceed with reinstalling then

1 - 5 of 5 Posts