Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well - I went for a brief blast on a skyhook this afternoon

Too cold for a long ride but long enough to notice some differences between the bike any my own 1200S.
Bike was very stable and little dive when the anchors were slammed on yet nice and responsive when riding over bumps.
because of the intelligent nature of the technology there isn't as much obvious difference in suspension characteristics when switching modes.
GREAT back brake
Smooth engine
I most noticed the skyhook when on the brakes.......bike remains very 'flat' with no pitching.

Quite nice !

·
All weather biker
965 Posts
Thanks for the report. Sounds good, especially the rear brake! :)

Did you notice anything different about the dash?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the report. Sounds good, especially the rear brake! :)

Did you notice anything different about the dash?
The mode screen tells you what the various variable settings are (DTC , ABS etc) so more info there....not a huge difference. Screen adjustment system was easy to use.

·
All weather biker
965 Posts
The mode screen tells you what the various variable settings are (DTC , ABS etc) so more info there....not a huge difference. Screen adjustment system was easy to use.
Thanks, there were reports that the dash is larger (maybe confusion versus "the screen is larger"), can you confirm that the dash is the same as the 2012?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, there were reports that the dash is larger (maybe confusion versus "the screen is larger"), can you confirm that the dash is the same as the 2012?
Test rode a 13 in Wales.

The dash didnt appear physically bigger...the round part may be a bit bigger and had more info in it...not by much though

·
All weather biker
965 Posts
Test rode a 13 in Wales.

The dash didnt appear physically bigger...the round part may be a bit bigger and had more info in it...not by much though
Thanks (neighbour)! :)

·
Registered
734 Posts
Thanks 749R

As I mentioned before in my other post Road Racing World mentioned a bigger display. Maybe what they meant was more info, which is cool as well. I'm being told by my dealer that I'm second in line for mine and he thinks shipping will be sometime in January :(

Sounds overall like a worthy successor to gen1. It's early yet I know but, most sentiment is the bike went in the right direction.

·
AARP Reject
2,934 Posts
Thanks 749R

As I mentioned before in my other post Road Racing World mentioned a bigger display. Maybe what they meant was more info, which is cool as well. I'm being told by my dealer that I'm second in line for mine and he thinks shipping will be sometime in January :(

Sounds overall like a worthy successor to gen1. It's early yet I know but, most sentiment is the bike went in the right direction.
I for one will be surprised if the changes aren't seen as improvements. Durability remains to be seen of course. Thanks for the report, 749R.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I for one will be surprised if the changes aren't seen as improvements. Durability remains to be seen of course. Thanks for the report, 749R.
Absolutely - I have owned an MTS since they came out in 2010 and love it. The skyhook keeps the bike flat in every mode...no massive dive under braking (as if the forks are set up hard) but still compliant and well damped when you ride on a bumpy surface. Feels good when the pace quickens and the bike remains stable on the brakes. This means that ' turn in' can feel a little slower ( ie steering doesn't quicken up on the brakes) but it wasn't really an issue. Fuelling mods and air bleed make the ride less jerky as well.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Thanks for the report. I'm all over the smoother engine, hope that translates to possible longer tank range if the rider wishes by dialing it back a notch or two!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Test rode a 13 in Wales.

What about wind protection and buffeting with the new screen, is it better?
Cheers!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
All sounding great to me - and yes, the smoother engine will be the biggest plus for me, I just hope I won't miss the Ohlins too much.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Outstanding. Thanks for the report. As already asked, how is the redesigned windscreen?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
skeptic/Cynic me I fear but 749R said "Fuelling mods and air bleed make the ride less jerky as well. " Mmmm, 'less jerky'....how about 'smooth as silk' ? (OK...that going a bit far, I know!). 3rd gear, 3000 rpm, about 60kph...light throttle...'tootleing' along....is it smooth? Does it pull effortlessly from there?
And what about that 4000 to 5000 rpm rev range? Exhaust butterfly...still choking things off?
Well anyway...as the beast is not going to be available till 'later in 2013' here in Asia...guess I will get chance to hear some real users reports before I decide!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What about wind protection and buffeting with the new screen, is it better?
Cheers!
I would say there wasn't a huge improvement over the earlier screen but it didn't rain during my ride and I didn't get up to any high number speeds. Was very easy to raise and lower

·
Registered
496 Posts
Long Beach IMS?

The International Motorcycle show is making its way to So. Cal. this weekend.Anyone know if the new Multi is making the rounds at the show's?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm sure the skyhook will be great technology wise but I try not to buy the "A" model of anything. The Ohlins were one of my main deciders between purchasing a '12 vs '13

1 - 20 of 45 Posts