Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the Multistrada 1260S. So far I am loving the bike...

One quick question though, does the Skyhook suspension automatically set the rear Sag when you start the bike, or is the Sag a manual adjustment like other bikes?

Can the suspension be stiffened up using the settings function so the touring mode could be a bit stiffer? I know the suspension is stiffer in sport mode vs touring are those fixed settings?

New owner of a 2019 1260S and I was doing some emergency stopping drills 50 mph decels ..in sport mode the bike was fine but in touring mode it felt as if the front bottomed out on two occasions. Bike handled fine but it was noticeable...

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
MY15 manual has 12 pages on Customizing the Riding Mode: DSS suspension setting
Complete with visuals on the menus needed to adjust

Might want to start with that option. You can download a manual from Ducati if you don't have the hard copy.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I flipped through the manual didn't see that...I will download the PDF copy...thanks!

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Quick question about the Skyhook.
How do you adjust the rebound separately from the compression damping?

·
Registered
931 Posts
I just bought the Multistrada 1260S. So far I am loving the bike...

One quick question though, does the Skyhook suspension automatically set the rear Sag when you start the bike, or is the Sag a manual adjustment like other bikes?

Can the suspension be stiffened up using the settings function so the touring mode could be a bit stiffer? I know the suspension is stiffer in sport mode vs touring are those fixed settings?

New owner of a 2019 1260S and I was doing some emergency stopping drills 50 mph decels ..in sport mode the bike was fine but in touring mode it felt as if the front bottomed out on two occasions. Bike handled fine but it was noticeable...

If you feel the front bottoming out in touring you need to add more preload up front, in sport mode compression is increased so slowing down the speed of compression under braking, stopping it bottoming out. Forks are a manual preload setting. Rear adjust automatically depending on ride mode. On my 2010 Ohlins multi with SCU added, it was totally automated if settings were all set to 1 (comp/reb) but you still set your own settings for preload for each mode in the shock. Ive just purchased my first SACH Skyhook ducati, so still learning its intricacies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts