Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Running a 2014 Pikes Peak. Trying to set Sag. I've read about every thread for the last 2 days about setting it. However, there's no clear method on measuring. I'm seeing consistently 55mm of Sag based on 170mm or travel. Do I need to get this from full extension of the front forks, measured against the value with the rider in seated position?

Most my other bikes I'm setting Sag based on the bike sitting on the ground, and the forks NOT fully extended. Usually 6-10mm for track duty.

There's so many variations to the bikes, Ohlins vs electronic, etc. Just trying to get my Skyhook dialed in. I found this recommendation:

Divide your weight by 15kg, and wind in from fully anti clockwise that number multiplied 360 degrees.
Not teaching you to suck eggs, but example, 90kgs in clothes and boots etc. So 90kg divide 15kg is 6. So 6 full 360 degree turns in from fully out.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Running a 2014 Pikes Peak. Trying to set Sag. I've read about every thread for the last 2 days about setting it. However, there's no clear method on measuring. I'm seeing consistently 55mm of Sag based on 170mm or travel. Do I need to get this from full extension of the front forks, measured against the value with the rider in seated position?

Most my other bikes I'm setting Sag based on the bike sitting on the ground, and the forks NOT fully extended. Usually 6-10mm for track duty.

There's so many variations to the bikes, Ohlins vs electronic, etc. Just trying to get my Skyhook dialed in. I found this recommendation:

Divide your weight by 15kg, and wind in from fully anti clockwise that number multiplied 360 degrees.
Not teaching you to suck eggs, but example, 90kgs in clothes and boots etc. So 90kg divide 15kg is 6. So 6 full 360 degree turns in from fully out.
I can't offer much in the way of Skyhook settings. However, sag is always measured from full extension (top out spring compressed). Google the race tech sag method.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
883 Posts
Rider sag on my Multi measures 55mm rear and 65mm front. i lift the bike so wheel is off the ground, measure from axle nut vertically to a fixed point, front i just measure the from the fork base to the dust seal, then remeasure same points with rider and leathers on free balancing on bike. sub tract the 2 measurements=rider sag, free sag, or bike sag, is wheel of the ground measurement subtracted from measurement of bike free standing no rider.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Dave, what's your weight by chance? Curious what you have dialed in for Preload.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Thanks Dave, what's your weight by chance? Curious what you have dialed in for Preload.
Im 76KG Munch, now it was along time ago when i set my sag rates, so I'm going by memory. I'm on the Ohlins suspended Multi, Forks pre load were 6 turns out, from fully in. Now i have a heavier spring in the rear of the Multi (1.0 kn ) (standard was .85) solo riding i ride with the SCU controlling the valving, but my preload is set at 10 (solo) 16 for a passenger. My front rider sag is 65mm, rear 55mm, it may seem a lot (sports bikes front 40mm,rear 30-35mm) but these are long travel suspension bikes, so these are my measurements, and I'm very happy how the multi handles.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I'm 85KG (about 190 ish pounds), have 0 preload upfront (full out), and stuck at 36mm sag upfront.

Full extension measures at 176mm, with me mounted with gear I measure at 141mm.

I thought these bikes were designed from the factory to be setup for 85Kg?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts