Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have noticed the rear clunk recently. its more a feeling, which I have in the front, than a noise. The same edge pulling up my drive way that causes the most noticible clunk in the front, now gives the same clunk at the rear....

First trying to convince my dealer of the front problem.... aaaahhhhh

·
Registered
5 Posts
So we have a thread for clunking forks, this one is for clunking rear suspension.

If your bike clunks from the rear end, post up here. Also any solutions/experiences with warranty claims through your dealer are welcomed here also.

My bike does it - it's very noticeable on the last few metres of an emergency stop, also when coming to a gentle stop over bumps the clunk can be heard. It doesn't sound healthy and I hope together we can come to a solution.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes
I’ve been trying to fix this rear clunking issue for ages, the dealers ignore it and don’t want to deal with it , Ducati treat it like a bad fart they don’t want to smell, it’s real and it’s a problem “safe”..? I don’t know , in sport mode it’s considerably less but any other and it’s piss poor for a bike costing 20grand plus what I’ve spent on it another 7 easy

·
Premium Member
3,561 Posts
If your dealer admits there's an abnormal sound then they should have recommended service. If they think it's in your head and you disagree then go to a different dealer. The only time the rear suspension clunks on my 15 is when the chain is too loose.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I get it Dave and I’ve heard the story a lot I e had it with moto rapido also for work this may not be all the bikes but as some other guys here say , even over slightest cats eyes it clunks like a wheel barrow and I k ow enough about bikes to know it’s not the chain it’s not the forks it’s not the skyhook and doesent matter where you look no ones got an answer

·
Premium Member
3,561 Posts
I get it Dave and I’ve heard the story a lot I e had it with moto rapido also for work this may not be all the bikes but as some other guys here say , even over slightest cats eyes it clunks like a wheel barrow and I k ow enough about bikes to know it’s not the chain it’s not the forks it’s not the skyhook and doesent matter where you look no ones got an answer
Since it's a rare issue it's not going to be easy for anyone to remotely diagnose... you need to get it to a duc master tech. The rear suspension isn't rocket science (and there's not that much 'to go wrong')... and even the sach's shock is rebuildable so if it's got an issue then it CAN be repaired.

·
Registered
5 Posts
thanks dave , frustrating .....!
ive sent a mail to ducati see if i can get somewhere with them , will post whatever i get back if its any use . maybe i will go back to moto rapido see if they can strip and rebuild the backend

·
Premium Member
3,561 Posts
Moto Rapido should be able to figure it out... and I'd not tell them to do anything I'd have them diagnose the issue. If you tell them to strip and rebuild they may do it even if it's not going to fix the problem. If you can demonstrate the issue while a tech is there that's the best way to insure it gets sorted properly. take something to use as a speed bump and ride over it so they can hear the clunk.

Also, if you can capture and post a video of the clunk (again riding over a speed bump with a camera/cell phone showing the rear suspension) then maybe you could get some more help from us.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts