Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the Sixty 2's are in the showrooms yet or when they will be ? My wife wants one bad..........BTW, we're in the Midwest. Thanks for your replies. The Kid

·
Registered
456 Posts
Saw them at Ducati Island Austin MotoGP. I know my dealer was supposed to be getting them in but their website still says "coming soon" and I have not been by there in the last month or so to check.

The 62 model bikes are not much $ less than the regular Icon 796 model and have less expensive/adjustable suspension and other parts. The frame and engine blocks (bore/stroke is less) otherwise are the same so they are not smaller or lighter.

From what Ive read, IMHO better to get her a barely used ICON for prob less $.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
I feel Otter is right on the money. For only $500 more, you can get a 800cc Scrambler with better suspension and bigger front brake.

Unless you are looking to lower the bike, then the conventional front forks might be easier to work with.

I'd put a throttle stop on the 800 model before I took and put my wife on a 400cc model.

Just an opinion...

·
Registered
456 Posts
I went by my dealer yesterday. No 62 models there yet - manager says they are overdue/in transit. Was expecting them last week.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I just helped a friend pick hers up last week from motocorsa in Portland, OR. So there are some around! Just the fact that Ducati made this bike took at least one sale from Honda, even at almost twice the price!

And it was a great bike to ride! The motor is much more friendly all around than the 800 and has much more character than the cb350f (the other bike she was looking at). As a first bike for someone who wants a Ducati, I'd highly recommend it. You can still blast on the highway and keep up in traffic. Low displacement bikes always hold their value well, too. There will always be a huge used market for good "first bikes". Adjustability and go-fast parts aren't really part of the buying decision for someone in this market. It's a bike that is designed to be outgrown in time.

All of the reviews I've read are from "enthusiasts", not beginners with extra cash for a Ducati. I'd like to see a fair comparison between the other bikes in this category (not that there are any...maybe the Royal Enfield?).

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
Just saw one up here today at NODT as well, so they're definitely out there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts