Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone ever done one? my girl has a bad back...I love her........BUTT I love my bike too (not ready for a harly yet)

·
Registered
593 Posts
It would look odd....you could always put matching tassles on your bar ends though.;)

I have seen a topbox being used as a backrest though, and it will carry some luggage at the same time.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
If your girl has a bad back, is any bike going to be good enough? Hitting bumps, potholes etc., on any bike is going to send a jolt up her back.

·
Premium Member
12,446 Posts
That is going to be a problem.
Bikes do not help in any way.
Along with the back rest get her to do strengthening exercises , it can only help...
You don't want to aggrivate a problem.
Back pain is difficult to address , and no fun at all..

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
a flip up seat might work good i could take it off when shes not with me. where did you see it Grayduck?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that looks like it should work but its expensive. anyone got one? how do you like it?

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Buy a BMW for two up riding.;)

The side benefit is that you SC will feel alot faster and better handling when you do ride it. Which will save you tons of money on suspension and motor upgrades for the Duc. The other benefit is the Duc stays clean longer because you have no excuse for riding it in the rain, that is what the BMW is for!

·
Registered
364 Posts
The Corbin backrest isn't flip-up, but it's removable in about 30 seconds. Just loosen one bolt and it comes off. It is pricey, though.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
do you use one ? if so is it comfortable for your girl? and yourself?
im thinking about selling the comfort seat or the stock (or both)in order to get one from corbin

·
Registered
821 Posts
Really? People who regularly buy $2000 Zards, $2500 Alpinas, $2000 forks and the like are complaining that a $400 seat is too expensive?

·
Registered
450 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I've modified the factory "luggage rack" :)D) to become just a grab rail. Not a "sissy bar" in height, and no back support per se, but gives my wife a secure perch AND it looks like it belongs on a SCGT. I've posted it before, and if you want I can post again. Perhaps the luggage rack would be enough to ease her back issues?

·
Registered
119 Posts
The Corbin backrest isn't flip-up, but it's removable in about 30 seconds. Just loosen one bolt and it comes off. It is pricey, though.

cheaper then buying a Harley or BMW... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
I have seen a topbox being used as a backrest though, and it will carry some luggage at the same time.
This is the route we took with Hepco-Becker stuff...

With topbox:

Without topbox:

Her riding jacket with a more-rigid backprotector in conjunction with the topbox backpad has helped a little... We have begun the discussion of whether to put more into the GT to make her more tour-capable and comfortable for her, or stopping at the topbox and looking closer at a BMW or if we have a windfall, a Multi.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts