Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I just watched that highlight reel ... great race! Nasty fireball of a crash in this one. The square t-bone hit (using the fallen bike as a jump) reminds me of the crash in AMA Flat Track at the Black Hills half mile main event this year.

So when did Suzuki become a real player in MGP? Last time I was watching with any kind of regularity there was Honda, Yamaha, Ducati, and a little bit of KTM.

Seems Suzuki got their collective shit in one bag when it comes to road racing these days ... MGP and AMA/Moto America Production Superbike as well.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I just watched that highlight reel ... great race! Nasty fireball of a crash in this one. The square t-bone hit (using the fallen bike as a jump) reminds me of the crash in AMA Flat Track at the Black Hills half mile main event this year.

So when did Suzuki become a real player in MGP? Last time I was watching with any kind of regularity there was Honda, Yamaha, Ducati, and a little bit of KTM.
Rins again at Laguna Seca this year.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Ok ... and? I mean I appreciate the information about Rins, but when did Suzuki become something noteworthy in MGP and American Superbike racing?
Motogp- they got back in it a few years ago, but not much of a contender till this year. I expect them to be better next year

MotoAmerica - a few years ago, when tony Elias started riding for them

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,163 Posts
Exciting start,kinda boring race,exciting finish. That's two for Rins now,and a proper dry race win at that,still think he needs a hair cut though.

Shame Mav came to the party a bit too late,that race coulda been so much more interesting. Rossi and Crutchlow both reporting rear tire issues right from the off. Fabio reporting he saw Rins have a moment ahead of him so he checked up but he shut the throttle a bit to aggressively causing his high-side.

Wow Marc gettin' spanked at the last corner two races in a row,who'da thunk it!

·
Premium Member
8,661 Posts
MM .... needs to take his Ritalin.
Dovi ... forgot what class he races in.
Lorenzo .... Lorentho. Lost puppy.... needs to be back on a Yammy.
Iannoni ... some Italian guy.
Zarco ... another smelly ungrateful Frenchy
Miller ... yer mum.
Crutches ... UK's last hope ..... went down the drain with the hairballs.
Pedrosa .... Hmmm ... so we'll see ... depends on what KTM gives 'm.
Rossi .... c'mon bruh .... yer about to become the world's most famous also ran ... time to hang up the leathers before you look like a sad member of the Rolling Stones. Call the F1 people. Or get into USA flat track and run with JD Beach and Larry Pegram ... make sure you get on an Indian. Take a cue from Danica Patrick and start a clothing line

Only one correction. JLo needs to be back on a Ducati.

·
Premium Member
8,661 Posts
It must be TV proceeds keeping MotoAmerica alive. It couldn't be attendance figures at the races, I see more people going to AFM club races than MotoAmerica. A real shame actually. The last time Ducati sponsored was when Neil Hodgson and Eric Bostrom were teammates. Unfortunately they got under powered and non competitive bikes and never realized their racing skills. If the manufacturers got more involved it might heighten the awareness and exposure of the MotoAmerica series and maybe attract recognized racers from around the world. But, if your base of motorcycle racing fans (here in the USA) are slim and don't have the passion as other countries do, why exert the effort?

41 - 53 of 53 Posts