Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. I've always wanted to change the black side cases for silver on the WASPmobile, and, coincidentaly, Chunkie wanted black cases on his GT:cool:.

Chunks is working up bush at the moment and his bike has been parked at the WASPnest since having a PUK kit fitted, sooo, one thing led to another this afternoon and, heypresto, silver it is.
I love it... Especially with what I have planned for the rearsets and exhaust:D:cool:

What a bastard of a job, and I still have to put the blackies on Chunks bike yet, but I think with the black SC1000S wheels on that bike, black cases will look superb.

The plan is to get the black Rizoma window belt covers on my bike stripped and anodized silver... Unless someone has some silver ones they would like to trade?

Greg.

P.S - Excuse the mess in the shed:(

Attachments

·
Registered
737 Posts
Very sexy indeed Greg. That bike is looking picture perfect ;)

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I like it:D

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
That is the way it was supposed to look in my mind at least. nicely done.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Greg I might be persuaded to swap my silver Rizoma covers for your blackies..

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
That looks very good indeed, Greg. Dare I say MH900e-ish? :)

I always kind of liked the black casings on the S-models, but after seeing your swap, I can never again look at them the same and not think how much better the bike can look. Now I start wondering how a similar swap would look on my burnt-orange '06 Sport (here's a challenge for the PhotoShoppers among us).

RonB

·
Registered
421 Posts
Looks great Greg. When I was deciding between a GT or a Sport 1000 and listing the bits on each that I preferred, the silver cases were a plus on the GT side.

I'm sure diggin' the silicone spray thing on mine BTW. While the engine's still very warm, I spray the entire engine down with it and let the solvents evaporate so it's nice and thick before I towel it down. I just washed my GT for the first time this year. Sprayed the engine with a mild degreaser, and hosed it off. Almost no scrubbing in the little tight spots that collect grime. With the silicone, it rinses right off. I sprayed silicone on it again, and it's good as new.

Between washings (which are obviously few and far between) I use Meguar's spray detailer. Works a treat, and is much easier on the bike. Constantly washing a bike (or car for that matter) is hard on it. All the bare metal and zinc plated pieces start to crust up, and water spots form in all the places you can't wipe of blow out with compressed air...

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just to be difficult, i prefer the black :p
No one cares what you prefer anymore - You, You, you nonsportsclassicowner..

At least you went for another Ducati instead of going to the Dark Side.;)

Greg.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Greg.
Ohh.. And change your sig too.
Bloody wannabees.....

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Did you sell your Sportclassic Corks? What bike did ya get?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Woops...wasp is gunna be pissed when I rock up on A Repsol Blade at PI.

Me missus is interested in the power up kit for the silver haired GT....and it would look cool with black covers. The silver covers show age....black is always black.

just my .02c worth.....but the silver on my GT covers is a poor finish.

Cheers

Roger

·
Registered
238 Posts

Greg.
CORKS the original W.A.C.O. no more?

·
Registered
2,427 Posts

Greg.
shaddup you ole goate, remember the time , you wanted to paint your bike lolly pink with lime green stripes....who talked you out of that one huh huh???

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
"Lolly Pink" - "Magic mushrooms" Bwahahaha

Actually.... Try some magic mushrooms and then think about the lolly pink with the lime green stripes....:think: I recon it could work.
:D

Greg.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
i reckon you been in the shed too long sniffing solvenst and fumes, next you'll be telling me the shockies would look good - gold plated to go with the chain...................around your neck :eek:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts