Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Most interesting news is that Ducati wants Spies for the 2nd Pramac or WSBK. And really, what's he got to lose? If he goes to MotoGP he's got to go satellite somewhere or Suzuki. If he doesn't win on the Duc, it's the bike, if he does win, he's the new GOAT.

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
They want him bad but he's not going to Duc. It would have been cool tho.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
http://www.motogpmatters.com/news/2009/08/07/2010_silly_season_round_up_part_2_the_kn.html

Thoughtful article(s) on who might go where.
Seems Edwards might not move after all
good find.. I agree looks like Colin is staying put. I think he likes his role in Moto GP. I doubt that Toseland will be with tech 3 next year though, so maybe Spies will take that spot.
Spies isnt going to get on a bike in GP or anywhere else unless he can win on it. So unless Ducati make some promises about getting the satelite Duc on level ground. I dont see Spies going for it. I think he would keep his ride in WSBK 1st. My guess is he replaces Toseland next year, or swaps with Edwards in 2011.
A few weeks back motogpmatters had an article saying Spies had reach a deal with Yamaha that had moto gp options???? not sure I trust these guy insight right now.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Spies would have to be insane to go to Ducati for MotoGP.
Why?? So far the Ducati is the only ride that can run with the Yamaha on a regular basis. I mean I guess if you think it would be insane for him to go to moto gp on anything other than the Yamaha

·
Registered
20 Posts
Why?? So far the Ducati is the only ride that can run with the Yamaha on a regular basis.
Only if you're Stoner.

Spies isn't stupid. He'll do whatever he can to set himself up for success. On the Yamaha, he'll likely do pretty good to great. The Ducati's history says he'll either be a title contender or bottom of the barrel. Why would he take that chance?

I don't think any rational racer would...willingly.

·
Registered
8,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Duc can be a career killer, Marco, Loris...but the Susie is not so good right now and the Kwak is dead so not much choice at the barn.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
So I guess were back to the same place every bike in GP right now is junk hold the yamaha?? and maybe the Honda if you ok with a 3rd or 4th plave finish.
Whatever... Spies could do well on the Duc the bike can win races. Hell even nicky can put it in the top 8 as long as Ducati doesnt let him pick the tires

·
Registered
413 Posts
So I guess were back to the same place every bike in GP right now is junk hold the yamaha?? and maybe the Honda if you ok with a 3rd or 4th plave finish.
Whatever... Spies could do well on the Duc the bike can win races. Hell even nicky can put it in the top 8 as long as Ducati doesnt let him pick the tires
Granted you could say Donington was a bit of a fluke, but still its 2 wins in the last 3 races for Honda. And they took 3rd as well at Donnington. It's really been Ducati and Stoner who have fallen off. Last podium was Assen? Doubt if Tech 3 will pay for both Edwards and Spies. Assuming JLo stays, someone with a smaller salary demand will get the 2nd seat on Tech 3.
I think it was the motogpmatters story that said the Hayden 848 is selling out, so that helps Nicky.

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
Granted you could say Donington was a bit of a fluke, but still its 2 wins in the last 3 races for Honda. And they took 3rd as well at Donnington. It's really been Ducati and Stoner who have fallen off. Last podium was Assen? Doubt if Tech 3 will pay for both Edwards and Spies. Assuming JLo stays, someone with a smaller salary demand will get the 2nd seat on Tech 3.
I think it was the motogpmatters story that said the Hayden 848 is selling out, so that helps Nicky.
Yamaha is paying for Edwards

·
Registered
55 Posts
Good series of articles. As always, a lot of speculation, but interesting all the same. Everything seems to be hingeing on George Lorenzo's decision. The consensus seems to be that he will stay at Fiat Yamaha, but he may also be thinking along the lines that to beat Rossi he needs something that Rossi doesn't have, and after that it's a question of whether Honda can offer him that. Repsol has also made it known that they want a Spanish World Champion, so the financial incentives are there, and Dani has definitely had plenty of chances to deliver. I am surprised that not much is made of Kallio, because I think he has shown great potential, and based on performance alone probably deserves the second factory seat at Ducati - like Stoner he just hangs it out. However, from a business point of view, Ducati probably sell more bikes in the US in a week than they do in Finland in a year, and Kallio probably doesn't have the same level of personal sponsorship that other upcoming riders have to attract other offers. Of course, I hope he does stay with Ducati, because assuming Stoner and Hayden only sign up for one year each, then Ducati will likely nedd someone to step up in 2011 and try to tame the Desmosidici.

·
9,757 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts