Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried this system on their carbed SS? How much extra cornering clearance did they provide? How big were the problems (if any) fitting the system? I still drag the stock headers now that I've installed rearsets on my 1997 SS/SP track bike, even with a 1" longer Penske rear shock. Thanks in advance for any help.
Joe

·
Registered
102 Posts
I bought a set for my 94 SS. The installation and fit was about equal to my experience with other manufacturers - it took a bit of farting about to get it to work. Once installed - no problems.

I did have one quality issue - the O2 sensor fitting on one of the headers was improperly machined. The guys at Moto Wheels took good care of me and swapped it out. Great service!

I didn't have cornering clearance problems before, and don't have them now. Therefore, I cannot address your clearance question. I, too, have a +1" Penske shock. I suppose I would try a higher preload if I had clearance issues. I currently run mine with a fair bit of preload. It's a bit rough on railroad crossings and potholes, but otherwise excellent.

I would buy these headers again.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Anyone tried this system on their carbed SS? How much extra cornering clearance did they provide? How big were the problems (if any) fitting the system? ....
I've got one on the FE. Fitment is below average in my experience. A lot of tugging and yanking to get it right. It definitely tucks up a lot nicer than the stocker. I had occasional clearance issue with the stocker but none with the Sil but then again I'm only talking street riding, no track days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts