Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that there are several options out there to give the MTS a broader "footprint" so to speak when on the sidestand. It wouldn't bother me if I could find one that also decreased the amount of lean by a bit. I'm aware of the AltRider one, the GiVi one, and the Ducati by Touratech one. What do folks have and what do they like or dislike about the one they bought? Thanks!

·
Hammer Down
2020 Multistrada 1260 S Touring
1,823 Posts
Being in Western, NC I’d think you scrape the side stand as it is regularly...mine has a nice bevel on it.

·
Registered
587 Posts
On a recent trip I used the panniers for the first time. I was pretty well loaded and I'm <200lbs. Once when we stopped to eat and the ground was just a very little less than level, kickstand on low side. Because I had trhe suspension set on luggage when I got off the bike and unloaded it, and it was in sport mode as well, the bike raised up enough that if I hadn't been paying attention the bike could have easily fallen over. So I'm considering one of these as well. Interested to hear if anyone had any issue with them. Except for Gadgetech who's faster than me :)

Most if not all appear to have the goal of increasing the footprint w/o increasing height. I want some more height.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Duc...8JXcAhUCQawKHbxzBQEQsAQI3gE&biw=1920&bih=1052

·
Registered
259 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Being in Western, NC I’d think you scrape the side stand as it is regularly...mine has a nice bevel on it.
#Iamnotworthy...

On a recent trip I used the panniers for the first time. I was pretty well loaded and I'm <200lbs. Once when we stopped to eat and the ground was just a very little less than level, kickstand on low side. Because I had trhe suspension set on luggage when I got off the bike and unloaded it, and it was in sport mode as well, the bike raised up enough that if I hadn't been paying attention the bike could have easily fallen over. So I'm considering one of these as well. Interested to hear if anyone had any issue with them. Except for Gadgetech who's faster than me :)

Most if not all appear to have the goal of increasing the footprint w/o increasing height. I want some more height.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Duc...8JXcAhUCQawKHbxzBQEQsAQI3gE&biw=1920&bih=1052
There's one that comes up in those images from England from Ducabike that has some thickness. the only other one I've seen that isn't flush with the bottom of the stand is the GiVi, which I gather is beeg.

Mine is ground off a bit too. I wouldn’t want to make it thicker...

I have a Aerostich CFSP MK II Deluxe for when I need some sidestand love. Of course, it was only $18 when I bought it in 2005.

Aerostich CFSP MK II Deluxe :: Aerostich Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear

Got one o' those too. Always forget it's in the tankbag.

Seriously though, you touch down the sidestand? Do you have a centerstand too? I'm still in break-in, so I'm not threatening hard parts much yet, but dang...

·
Registered
259 Posts
#Iamnotworthy...

Seriously though, you touch down the sidestand? Do you have a centerstand too? I'm still in break-in, so I'm not threatening hard parts much yet, but dang...

Hehe. Yes I have a centerstand too. I’ll take some pictures tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Hammer Down
2020 Multistrada 1260 S Touring
1,823 Posts
Redbrit said:
I’ve got a centerstand but don’t remember if that’s scraped or not. I want to say after the sidestand, the next is your shift peg and then the footpeg maybe. I learned to get off the bike in corners after I bent the shift peg. The Multistrada is a confidence builder, one day you’ll be riding along in the twisties and scraaaaaape the sidestand will go.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I’ve got a centerstand but don’t remember if that’s scraped or not. I want to say after the sidestand, the next is your shift peg and then the footpeg maybe. I learned to get off the bike in corners after I bent the shift peg. The Multistrada is a confidence builder, one day you’ll be riding along in the twisties and scraaaaaape the sidestand will go.

I’ve never scraped my shift peg, but I also adjusted it upwards right away when I got the bike so my size 13.5 Sidi boot would fit under it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Altrider

I just put on the Altrider in black last week and really like it. It blends in with the bike well and just looks more aggressive but not out of place. It raises the stand about 1/8-3/16" just added metal. Bigger footprint is more stable and easier to get my foot to find it without looking to put down. No scrapes and I go to full edge of tires (scorpions wore off first week).

What concerns me is if you raised it much more you will have problems getting it down when the ground is slightly high. I do run into that sometimes and have to lean over the opposite side to get the stand down. There are times I stop on the right side of the road when the bike just barely stands with a slight right lean to be stable and I judge that it will hold because there are not hard winds. But if there were hard winds I would have to reposition it. If you went with a thicker one that could be a problem.

Mind you before I got the Altrider stand base I carried a piece of 2x4 strapped to the rear seat. That worked but a 1x4 would be better.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I have the Ducati/TT foot. Is maybe 2mm pad. It is a no brainer for a heavy bike as asphalt is always going to give in the heat and any road shoulder is going to be sand, dirt or gravel. Was the first "mod" I did and IMO mandatory unless you only park on cement.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good discussion. I have the AltRider one on the way. Gratuitous pix later.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have one that came with my Enduro kit and I thought I was going to use it but never did. Going to post for sale cause I dont really have a use for it. I do agree the MTS has more lean than most bikes, I've come out to the bike and wondered if I bent the kickstand and remembered its born with that gangster lean.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts