Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum. I searched forum and found most complaints about side stand are that they are too long. I just bought the bike a few days ago, a GT1000. My side stand seems to be about 1/2 inch too short. The bike leans over what appears to be too far.
Any experience with this. Do you think it’s the side stand or could the mounting lug be out of shape.
Dumb question I know but your thoughts are appreciated.
thanks
Johnnyc

·
Registered
286 Posts
New to the forum. I searched forum and found most complaints about side stand are that they are too long. I just bought the bike a few days ago, a GT1000. My side stand seems to be about 1/2 inch too short. The bike leans over what appears to be too far.
Any experience with this. Do you think it’s the side stand or could the mounting lug be out of shape.
thanks
Johnnyc
Take a picture from either the front or rear with the kickstand down so we can see. This sounds normal though. I’ve had two Sport 1000’s and they both leaned quite a bit.

Congrats on the purchase though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
158 Posts
thanks
Johnnyc
Are the rear shocks stock or set to a high preload? This will raise the bike and make it lean on the stand. Also check that the stand's bolts are tight, especially the one in the crankcase. But NEVER overtighten, as the aluminium is soft and may already be worn if the bolt has been loose for a while.

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
Set your sag front and rear, this may result in lowering the bike a little. Make sure everything is tight on the stand , nothing cracking or bent. Use a foot under the stand, that will shim it up some and keep it from sinking in the parking lot. Turn your front wheel toward the stand.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
18,344 Posts
thanks
Johnnyc
Typical on Ducati’s. Especially if you’ve tuned the suspension for a higher ride height. There are several sources for longer side stands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Official Retired Person
7,227 Posts
Make sure that both bolts on the sidestand are tight. My GT seems to have one or the other loosen every year. 1st time it happened I didn't notice and the front bolt actually fell out. That caused the sidestand bracket to rotate some which caused a significant lean.

Just yesterday while cleaning the GT I found both bolts loose again.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts