Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a heavier spring or some other fix for the side stand on an ST4s? Several times I've kicked the stand down, thought it was fully forward and started to get off only to have the stand fold up. Is there some way to make the setting of the stand more positive?
Thanks.

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
Have you raised the ride height? This "straightens up the bike" (I don't know of any other way to describe it) when you put it on its side stand and can lead to the problem you describe. I have gotten onto the habit of double checking my side stand when I dismount. I seldom leave the bike on its sidestand and never after refueling.

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Place it on the center stand. Then play with the side stand. Make sure the semi-circular spring mount is pivoting all the way...maybe it just needs a touch of grease or oil? It should travel until it hits, and "cam over" in the process.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.