Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike won't start with the side stand down any more. It was fine until I changed out the ECU to a DP ECU. Any ideas???

Ed

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Neither of mine start with the side stand down. Never did.

t_bare

·
7,733 Posts
My bike won't start with the side stand down any more. It was fine until I changed out the ECU to a DP ECU. Any ideas???

Ed
You mean it won't start when in *neutral* and with the side stand deployed? As long as it *still stalls* if you slip it into gear with the stand down, I wouldn't worry about it. :) I rarely start my bike on the side stand since I almost always use the CS to park it. :)

·
Still needs a life.
12,613 Posts
To clarify matters, unmodified MY 02 and earlier ST models will not start with the side stand down, even when in neutral. The MY 03 and later ST models will start with the sidestand down ONLY when the bike is in neutral.

·
Premium Member
5,643 Posts
The DP ECU for all 03 and below ST4s bikes will to do that. There is no DP ECU specifically for the 03, which was the first year allowing you to run the engine with the side stand down in neutral. It has a clutch interlock switch to keep you from starting in gear. The 01 and 02’s were like all the older bikes and could not be started with the side stand down, but can be started with it up, even if you’re in gear...

All DP ECUs (and the reflashed ECUs available) for the ST4s are for the pre 03 bikes. Only way around it is to get the bypass wire kit available, or just use the center stand to start and warm the bike.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You mean it won't start when in *neutral* and with the side stand deployed? As long as it *still stalls* if you slip it into gear with the stand down, I wouldn't worry about it. :) I rarely start my bike on the side stand since I almost always use the CS to park it. :)
When in neutral Frank it won't start. I notice the answer in the last answer to my question.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts