Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've put a set of Showa adjustable forks from a '99 Monster on my '98 900ss. Does anyone know what the stock rebound and compression settings are? I'd like to use the stock settings as a baseline.

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
Set your sag, set your rebound in the middle of the adjustment range, dial out all of the compression damping, and start from there. That's all stock settings are doing, giving you some adjustment in both directions . Dial in compression damping until it's getting too harsh, then back out a little. Dial rebound a few clicks at a time and go down a bumpy road. It's hard to feel a click or two, I do 3 or 4 clicks per adjustment so the change is noticeable, then fine tune when I get close.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
from memory they were 4 - 6 clicks out from the factory, and quite unpleaseant. usually end up around 10 out on both if they have original weight oil. i always run maxima 5 weight in them, which is a very light 5 weight, almost like motul 2.5.

if they have std springs run max preload too, it'll help a bit to overcome the crap std springs

1 - 3 of 3 Posts