Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying a Luimoto seat cover, but they show very few photos of them installed on Hypermotards. Anyone have a Luimoto seat cover on your Hyper you don't mind showing off?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I was looking at their products. Seems nice, they even have some DIY kits for gel inserts and stuff if you want to go tearing into your seat. Not a big deal but you will need to pay attention to what you are doing if you've never done it before.

In their videos they show a variety of tools that you'll need, one of which is a staple gun. The staple gun referenced is a regular low-cost manual one - you will need something more robust if you expect to penetrate a plastic seat pan. They use a pneumatic one in the video. This is about the only thing I see that could foul-up a newbie tool-wise.

It'd be interesting if anybody here has installed one of theirs.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I was looking at their products. Seems nice, they even have some DIY kits for gel inserts and stuff if you want to go tearing into your seat. Not a big deal but you will need to pay attention to what you are doing if you've never done it before.

In their videos they show a variety of tools that you'll need, one of which is a staple gun. The staple gun referenced is a regular low-cost manual one - you will need something more robust if you expect to penetrate a plastic seat pan. They use a pneumatic one in the video. This is about the only thing I see that could foul-up a newbie tool-wise.

It'd be interesting if anybody here has installed one of theirs.
I'll add to this, you DEFINITELY need a pneumatic stapler, and a steamer to make the material pliable enough to work with. I've done a bunch of re-upholstery work before on car interiors and now the seat of my Hyperstrada. My cover is NOT a Luimoto, but it works just the same..

DSC_4258 by Zibbit U2, on Flickr

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your seat cover is amazing? Who makes it? You did an amazing job putting it on.

I'll add to this, you DEFINITELY need a pneumatic stapler, and a steamer to make the material pliable enough to work with. I've done a bunch of re-upholstery work before on car interiors and now the seat of my Hyperstrada. My cover is NOT a Luimoto, but it works just the same..

DSC_4258 by Zibbit U2, on Flickr

·
Registered
134 Posts
Your seat cover is amazing? Who makes it? You did an amazing job putting it on.
Thanks, it was purchased on eBay from Firma Wijalis out of Poland. Their communication was awesome, and they custom built my seat cover using materials to my specifications within a week or so. I'm not sure if they make a Hypermotard one tho..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts