Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to see how some of your tires wear when you hit the track!

I know some of you post up a few pics when there us a jab at a rider's chicken strips, but I just want this to server as educational. If there is already a thread for this specifically, I'm sorry :(

If you could, maybe even tell us what type of tire it is, and conditions of the track or street-if possible.

:abduct:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Interested to see just how many people run street tires at the track..

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Here is the rear Power One on my 749. Note the absence of sipes on the edge and streaks showing through. About to hit the cords?

If you look closely you can see the difference in profile on the left and right. Left side is pretty normal looking, but the right is severely lacking in rubber. This is after 5 trackdays running only in clockwise direction.

The Power Ones are great tires. They slid around on me a little bit the last two days, but that was mostly do to a bad patch job at Grattan that everyone was complaining about. They gave me fair warning that I was at the limit of grip and never gave up. I'll be replacing the rear. The front looks like it could go a few more days if I pushed it, but might swap them both out together.

·
Registered
217 Posts
BT-016pro

Here is my rear bt-016pro after my last track day at texas world speedway, I am still very much a novice rider but this tire handles themselves just fine for a "street tire". I really enjoy the feedback provided from these tires and may move to a 003 for next season. Their bang for buck is pretty good from what I am told.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
2 days?!? You are either a speed demon or tire pressure was off. Or those tires suck...

Sent from my DROID4 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
553 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
2 days?!? You are either a speed demon or tire pressure was off. Or those tires suck...

To be fair, MAM runs a five hour no sessions track day for advanced riders. Green flag at 2pm, checkered flag at 7pm. So it's a lot of track riding. Not your typical 15-20 minutes every hour.

And I may not be a "speed demon", but I like to think that I'm not exactly slow either.

But like I said, they are grippy as shit till they aren't.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Actually just standard Pilot Powers, I believe two days at Jennings. That pic is from 09 or so I think, so I can't remember exactly.
Oh, yeah, I should recognize those. I ran them for an entire (no pun intended) season on my SV650. For that bike, they were pretty good tires. They started to move around a lot more on downshifting near the end, but the wear was very even. Even after abusing them for 6 days on track without warmers, I could have put them on a street bike and gotten another 1000 miles or more from them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts