Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 08 1098 with full termis, new tires and few other things. The bike has 5K miles. I'm thinking of trading for HM 1100s. The guy wants even trade. Is it worth it or HM should be worth less?

HM comes with:
Zard Penta full exhaust, DP race cams and ECU, Nichols light weight flywheel, BMC filter, Pazzo shorty levers, DP race seat, Speedymoto pressure plate gold caps, and 10 spoke cover, Speedymoto sliders all the way around, Suspension set up by LE, just paid registration, new Pirelli Diablo Corsa 3 rear tire ( 200 miles). It has 2500 miles.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I would think that would be a close trade. Fairly stock Hyper s models are going for around $12k-12.5 with that kinda milage. I think 1098 are going for $13k-14.5 depending on mods.
the hyper is a fun bike though but its not for everyone. If you are wanting a sportbike stay away.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would think that would be a close trade. Fairly stock Hyper s models are going for around $12k-12.5 with that kinda milage. I think 1098 are going for $13k-14.5 depending on mods.
the hyper is a fun bike though but its not for everyone. If you are wanting a sportbike stay away.
I have 2 other bikes and rode HM for over a week. I loved it but picked 1098 since I did not like the wind on the longer rides but now I have a touring bike so this is not a problem.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I think you chose wisely.

While I'd love to have an HM, of all the bikes I've ever owned, the 1098 would be the last thing I'd be willing to trade for one. The HM would be more of an oddball toy or something for me.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Having owned both an 848 and a Hyper S, I'd keep the superbike.

Originally, when I first got the Hyper, I loved it and thought it was the best bike ever. That feeling has worn off and now I'm starting to see it's limitations. It's a very narrowly focused bike. It just loves being blasted around town and that's about it in my opinion.

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,716 Posts
El Diablo, been there done that (seriously). Back in the fall of 2007 i actually did the opposite trade (Hyper S for 1098), and it was an even $ bike for bike swap.

As for "should you trade one for the other," it's hard to answer a question like that without knowing more about your riding preferences, likes/dislikes, and riding habits in general. If your background is dirt riding, prefer the upright seating position, or just want to have fun squirting around in the canyons, then the HYM might suit you best. If you like playing Valentino Rossi on the weekends, then keep the 1098.

There is a reason why you're contemplating the trade, and it's probably not an economically based one.

Take care, and give us a little bit more to go on. :)

Edit: didn't see your post #3...doh!:think: :abduct:

·
9,757 Posts
Depends on you man, if you're asking whether the trade is fair from an economic standpoint, it sounds more or less fair (I think the 1098 with stock exhaust for the guy's HM is a more fair trade).

As far as preferences go, it's all subjective. I personally wouldn't give my 1098s up for anything short of a 1098r or D16rr :D

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
953 Posts
I don't think that you should make the trade.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I think you should outright purchase the Hypermotard and send the 1098 to me for proper disposal.

:D

·
Registered
446 Posts
Having owned both an 848 and a Hyper S, I'd keep the superbike.

Originally, when I first got the Hyper, I loved it and thought it was the best bike ever. That feeling has worn off and now I'm starting to see it's limitations. It's a very narrowly focused bike. It just loves being blasted around town and that's about it in my opinion.
And the 1098 isn't narrowly focused???

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm kinda surprised of the answers in here.

I too, would never trade my Superbike for a HM. I would love to have one in addition to my SB though. Then again, that list could start to grow real fast...Multi, Street Fighter...

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I currently have 2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 and Husky 610TE in addition to my 1098. My girl loves to ride with me and I have a lot of fun with her. My 1098 sits in the garage most of the time as I ride other bikes. I though that HM would be better for me to buzz around the town. I had HM for a week so I know how it rides. I'm just wondering if my 1098 is worth more than even trade or I should ask for some cash.

·
9,757 Posts
I currently have 2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 and Husky 610TE in addition to my 1098. My girl loves to ride with me and I have a lot of fun with her. My 1098 sits in the garage most of the time as I ride other bikes. I though that HM would be better for me to buzz around the town. I had HM for a week so I know how it rides. I'm just wondering if my 1098 is worth more than even trade or I should ask for some cash.
Teach your girlfren to ride so you can keep the 1098 and she can tag along on a different bike :)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Teach your girlfren to ride so you can keep the 1098 and she can tag along on a different bike :)

She is going to take the class.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I should have read this before putting up my thread in superbikes as i am trying to decide between selling my 999R and buying HM1000S or having both.
I would be seriously looking in to it

1 - 20 of 26 Posts