Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m about to go in to the Hyper world coming off a M1100s, very interested in this thing......
I did look up and test road a 950 but here in 🇨🇦 msrp is 23000$ after tax🤦🏻‍♂️( for sp)!
This 2016 SP I’m looking at that it’s pretty much brand new for 10000$ and the same bike without LED dash and hydraulic clutch and different subframe - and stock!
Something I should be aware of?????
I like the dahn thing....... short wheelbase, nimble and puts a smile on my face like my monster did??
So Should I or Not????!!!!

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Yes you should. But you knew it this was a biased jury when you asked for a verdict.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
That’s a great looking bike, low mileage, kept out of the weather it seems. Having had a Monster your not coming into it blind - pull the trigger!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That’s a great looking bike, low mileage, kept out of the weather it seems. Having had a Monster your not coming into it blind - pull the trigger!
I know it feels better than the monster but a little bit taller! I made a deposit on it already so I’m picking it up this weeks sometime.....the only draw back is the Dahm exhaust issue that I read about it.......turns out the Termis are the best choice since it comes with the entire kit of stuff including the “up map” so it can run properly! A little over budget but I sure hope it’s worth it!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Awesome choice, bikes looks great and you will love it! - there really isn't an exhaust issue particularly, yes I do have the full Termi and love it but there are plenty of options that will work out great with either the T800 up-map, Rapidbike, or Rexxer re-flash.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well after me pulling over 10 times since bike was 2hr away and I was paranoid if I strapped it good ,I finally got home and my older little monkey( daughter 😁) fells In love with it just as much as I did!
finally home!

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Congrats!!

But I gotta say, that is one of the most jacked up tie down arrangements that I have ever seen. No wonder you stopped 10 times to check it....

You're gonna love the bike. Just don't tie it down (up?) like that again.

Dave

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congrats!!

But I gotta say, that is one of the most jacked up tie down arrangements that I have ever seen. No wonder you stopped 10 times to check it....

Dave
"Don't blow the fork seals Dad!" - Ok how bout this way!

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
"Don't blow the fork seals Dad!" - Ok how bout this way!
He has a wheel chock. All he needed to do was steady it from side to side. To do that he could have used the tie downs diagonally to the floor and put decent, but not excessive, tension on them.

An even better way, using that front wheel chock, is to put the tie downs on the rear, but pulling slightly forward so that the bike cannot roll out of the chock.

Dave

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Sweet ride Klutch - tidy crib you have for your rides too. One can see how your daughter has taken to a Hyper, I can read her mind, she’s thinking how long until she can get her license and shred on it! Congratulations.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Congrats!!

Dave
U can’t see the wheel chock infront that’s why she wasn’t moving at all but ur right was a bit overkill on my end at the end got home safe and sound so all good!
Now to figure out should I install my full termi system by myself or let the dealer charge me 3 hrs at 150 per hour!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I decided to save me some 4 1/2 hrs of service e and install it myself.....now gotta. Ring her back to the dealer cause she is leeeeeeeeeaaaaan and shooting flames and servo check engine light is on lol! But sounds good looks good!
posting a pic a vid!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts