Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
G'day all,

My 2013 1200s has been making a noise on start for almost as long as I recall, but for whatever reason I seem to be noticing it more and more recently - perhaps it has become louder... It only seems to make the sound when cold, which had led me to think it might be of no consequence, but I figured I'd post a video and see what you guys here think of it. I can't pinpoint where it is coming from very accurately, but the audio seems to show it pretty clearly. The noise I'm referring to is the loose, buzzy, rattle sound you can hear behind the engine noise/exhaust. Does anyone know what this is, does anyone else's Multi do this too, need I be alarmed or calm?...

Any insight would be much appreciated!

Cheers all,

Tk

·
Premium Member
3,823 Posts
Duc twins make all sorts of noises when they're cold (and also at idle)... I don't hear anything out of the ordinary but unless a problem was very loud we'd not hear it on video.

·
Registered
280 Posts
To paraphrase something I read somewhere on this forum, a Ducati sounds like shaking a bunch of parts in a metal bucket. Sounds normal enough to me.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Sounds a lot like my 950S. Took a video when it had around 150mi, sent to the dealership and they said it was normal. Bike went in for the 1st service (600mi) about 3 weeks ago, I asked about the noise again, and again the diagnosis was “normal”.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Just imagine if it it had the dry clutch melody to go along with that!
Priceless!

·
Registered
193 Posts
After owning several Ducs that sound of loose nuts ant bolts is the signature tune of ducati until you open it up and they turn into a roar!

·
Premium Member
1,205 Posts
Yours sounded very quiet too me. LaRossa is right, just add the dry clutch in. 😁

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone, sorry for the slow reply! Appreciate all the insights. Nothing better than reassurance ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts